Posts by thegooddoctor

Feature Request: Moonlight - An open source NVIDIA GameStream client

Moonlight Game Streaming
    Turn a Raspberry Pi into a Steam Machine with Moonlight

yet another amazing project for the Raspberry Pi - this will fill in the gap where the Raspberry Pi isn't powerful enough to emulate

edit: There is an addon for Moonlight (going to test it)
    If this works well then it would be nice to be able to call Moonlight directly up from the main menu list. (wish that list was editable in an easier way)

Airplay broken What else is new? Happens all the time.
    Audio clicks Needs resolving in AMlogic firmware
    3D auto switch Depends on hardware. Works fine on Raspberry Pi's, not so much on Intel, and C2 apparently. 3D is EOL.
    Hangs in RWD/FFW Should be a Kodi thing IMHO. Please report on their bug tracker.

Yes Airplay comes and goes - but it worked so nicely last time ... just a heads up
    Audio clicks - no comment (I don't know the source of the problem but just a report of a long time known issue)
    3D auto switch - Hopefully peak3D's patches will be mainlined eventually - 3D (when a movie is actually true 3D) is impressive; and with stereoscopic VR/stereoscopic augmented reality, 3D may become more mainline
    Hangs in RWD/FFW - good call, I'll try a Windows &/or RPi build to see if the problem is reproducible there and report accordingly

I am having problems as well with the Odroid C2 IR receiver (just tried it out today).
    I was following this guide http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210987&pid=2291663#pid2291663
    and when I finished programming the remote codes I pressed <ENTER> to finish the recording and the SSH session just hung (tried the SSH session through Putty [Windows] and Telnet [Mac])

When I checked the lircd.conf file my changes were not entered.
    Any ideas???

Tested with LibreElec 7.95.3 and with a recent community build LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.img.gz (these were both fresh installs)

Just tested it with v7.95.3 BETA (Odroid C2) and I see stuttering as well.
    I remuxed your trimmed MKV with MKVToolNix (to make sure that the file was muxed properly), and later even removed everything except the video track and the stuttering was still there.
    Interesting as your file is coded at 12.5Mbps and I have a 110Mbps video file that plays back smoothly.
    [hr]
    Checking the mediainfo reveals the following

Format : VC-1
    Format profile : Advanced@L3
    Codec ID : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / WVC1
    Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft

then according to this page
    Playing “V_MS/VFW/FOURCC”, “FLV4 / 0x34564C46” mkv files on Linux – Between Linux and Anime
    a V_MS/VFW/FOURCC codec is a flv file (I guess so ...)
    and that writer states that he had compatibility issues with playing back a flv on his device (not an Odroid but a different device)

anyways my first thought with the compatibility was that I was not familiar with seeing that codec (V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / WVC1) and thought that this might be the issue --- most likely that is the issue but I will let others with more knowledge on this chime in further

What got fixed: (from v7.90.010)
    + Skipping forward or backwards in a video resumes with smooth playback
    + Atmos, DolbyTrueHD, or 4K (with higher level audio) the video playback is smooth
    Unfold g1gbn9k6yR
    Eclipse http://thedigitaltheater.com/wp-content/...heater.mkv
    + stream playback of a particular stream, works with acceleration on
          http://cbsnews-linear.mdialog.com/video_...&rebase=on
    + Playback appears smooth with testing a few files

What got broken: (from v7.90.010)
    - Airplay

What works: (unchanged from v7.90.010):
    + audio sync with passthrough including DTS HD MA, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos
    + h264 10 bit; h265 4k playback
    + smooth Kodi GUI
    + great CEC integration

What needs work: (unchanged from v7.90.010)
    - 60 seconds after audio playback is stopped there is an audible click
    - 3D does not auto switch TV; 3D MVC files play back as 2D (I read why 3D is not currently supported - hopefully soon though)

I did have one time (limited testing) that I skipped almost to the end of a video/movie and the playback hung; I had to press "x" to stop playback and then I was able to resume playback with no issue

Amazing job team!!! Glad the memory fragmentation issue was resolved

There is gonna be no 3D MVC fix unless this is fixed in Kodi. There was a patch from koying that made it work in Jarvis. Unfortunately it was never mainlined. Once @peak3d's patches are merged in Kodi master we can think about to backport 3D. But it's not a high priority since most people on the Team (working on Amlogic) doesn't have 3D TV's anyway.

Thanks for the backstory regarding 3D MVC and Kodi (could never figure out why especially when the RPi handles 3D MVC flawlessly).

Great job! (I wish I could code and help out)

I found this Kodi build for Odroid C2 that fixes most of these issues.
    http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=24753

What is fixed in the build LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0-rb-beta1j.tar 18-Jan-2017 16:03
    + Atmos, DolbyTrueHD, or 4K (with higher level audio) the video playback is smooth
    + Stream playback of a particular stream works with hardware acceleration on (always works)
    + Smooth video playback (no jutters)
    + Skipping back and forth has no negative impact upon subsequent playback (playback is smooth)

As well there was a Matrix clip that I picked up somewhere (I believe somewhere on this forum) that now plays smoothly with this beta1j build.
    My memory after 4 days of being on is at 18% (does not appear to be a memory leak).

There is still the audible click after 60 second inactivity, and still no 3D support (the RPi does 3D MVC MKV's perfectly - I would like to see this fixed with the Odroid C2).

I hope to see these fixes implemented in the future release - great job guys!

v7.90.010 bug reports for Odroid C2

What got fixed: (from v7.90.009)
    + Airplay works! (thanks!!!!!)

What got broken: (from v7.90.009)
    - Skipping forward or backwards in a video sometimes causes subsequent video playback stuttering

What works: (unchanged from v7.90.009):
    + smooth Kodi GUI
    + great CEC integration

What needs work: (unchanged from v7.90.009)
    - Atmos, DolbyTrueHD, or 4K (with higher level audio) the video playback is choppy (most of the time; sometimes it manages to playback smoothly)
    Unfold g1gbn9k6yR
    Eclipse http://thedigitaltheater.com/wp-content/...heater.mkv
    - stream playback of a particular stream, for the majority of times, does not work; always works if acceleration is turned off
          http://cbsnews-linear.mdialog.com/video_...&rebase=on
    - 3D does not auto switch TV; 3D MVC files play back as 2D
    - Playback jerks periodically at a regular interval (self correcting audio sync?)

edit: log files attached in zip file.
    booted unit
    THX eclipse file played back fine (smooth 4K playback)
    CBSN stream failed
    Boxtrolls 3D MVC MKV - no 3D playback (identified though as 3D); skipped through movie to log stuttering
    played THX eclipse file again and playback jerky
    audio click (no audio output for xx seconds creates audio click)

Amazing release of Kodi for the Odroid C2; well done!

What works:
    + smooth Kodi GUI

What needs work:
    - Atmos, DolbyTrueHD, or 4K (with higher level audio) the video playback is choppy (most of the time; sometimes it manages to playback smoothly)
    Unfold g1gbn9k6yR
    Eclipse thx_eclipse_long_4K_uhd_DTS-HD_MA_51-thedigitaltheater.mkv

- stream playback of a particular stream, for the majority of times, does not work; always works if acceleration is turned off
    index_2200_av-p.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on

- 3D does not auto switch TV; 3D MVC files play back as 2D

- Airplay does not work (even with disabling picture/videos)

- Playback jerks periodically at a regular interval (self correcting audio sync?)

Here is debug log with all these issues logged.
    (I intended to provide a debug log of each incident, but deleting the kodi.log file/deleting the contents of the log file would cause Kodi to not record the debug log. I would essentially had to delete the log, restart kodi to rebuild a fresh log, and then create the log for each instance; maybe this can be fixed as well).

Thank you for the information! Yes, I agree that this does need to be changed in the default config for LibreElec (if it has not been changed already).
    There is another aspect that needs to be changed and that is when there are 2+ LibreElec (raspberry pi builds) on the network a conflict develops over the master browser and ultimately one is not able to browse SAMBA shares.
    By making one the master and the other not with adding port 139, this resolves these issues.

I used the information on this page as well as from here. (excerpt listed listed below)