Posts by zosky

    in an effort to keep the wife & our new weee one happy i picked up some cheap BT headphones from amazon.


    they work, but the process is pretty cumbersom and deffently without any WAF

    • addons > libreElec > blueTooth > Connect
    • settings > system > audio > pulse
    • ... passThrough=off


    then when done, i have to set it back ... device=HDMI/passThough=on


    perhaps there's a way a remote button (via runScript) can do these steps ? or has anyone found a better solution ?

    this is driving the wife insane. so i made a sort of hacky solution to save the currently playing vid and restart kodi. its dirty, but the mrs is much happier now that its 1 button & enouph time to grab a glass of water VS having to hit stop > back out to seasons > tv > home > power > reboot, then all the way in again > tv > season > ep > play.


    obviously YMMV, like if you're actually using autoexec.py for something, this will blow it away.

    • map a button to a script

      • cat /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/custom.xml
        Code
        1. <keymap>
        2.   <global>
        3.     <keyboard>
        4.       <key id="0x07">RunScript(/storage/resume.playback.py)</key>
        5.     </keyboard>
        6.   </global>
        7. </keymap>



    • the script test if something isPlaying, makes an autoexec.py & reloads kodi

      • cat /storage/resume.playback.py



    • lastly the addon: script.service.kodi.callbacks runs another script (on event boot complete) to delete the autoexec.py, so the same video doesnt play for every reboot thereafter.

      • cat /storage/resume.playback-cleanup.sh
        Shell-Script
        1. #!/bin/bash
        2. RESUME=/storage/.kodi/userdata/autoexec.py
        3. if [ -f $RESUME ]; then 
        4.     sleep 10
        5.     rm $RESUME
        6. fi



    hi yall


    there's a moonlight OE addon... that doesn't work in LE.


    GitHub - dead/script.moonlight: Moonlight-embedded Addon for Openelec


    its saying something about files in /home/chewitt/ ... that why im thinking there's a bug ? like the python path is not set right ?


    perhaps the issue is much deeper ? if the team thinks this is more a featureReqeust (to fork this for LE & add to LE repo) please move this thread.

    hi LE crew. thanks for fixing the no-video thing !!


    now it (sometimes) starts what looks like slow motion picture with no audio. it doesn't happen always and after a quick reboot the same file plays fine.


    i'm sorry i don't have a debug log, i'll turn debug back on now.
    debug log on dropBox ( its MASSIVE - 58mb & 540k lines).


    uptime 20min and i started happened on the 3rd video i played

    Code
    1. 01:09:50 997.870972 T:1962471424  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: /storage/mintyReds/TV/Nerdist/Nerdist.s1e590.mkv


    mySetup = rPi2 + LE 6.95.2 + ubuntu mySQL & 16TB raid (mounted via NFS)


    i'm hoping its something you already know about and the fix is as simple as the patch that was missing in alpha.

    at first i disabled the cron entry... that defiantly made it so it didnt lockup every hour, but it did after about 6 (overnight)


    unplugged the dongle and it hasn't locked up in ~12 hrs.

    Hi Yall


    the latest (OE 6.95.1 and) LE milhouse 7 - 0322b / 0324 - are locking up our pi2 in two different ways.


    when doing video playback (im watching, so i notice) ... i can `ssh livingRoom killall -9 kodi.bin`


    when its idle (i don't notice) ... when i need it, it wont even respond to ssh, nothing to do but pull the cord & reboot.


    i think this is the relevant bit of my journalctl ... seems to be libmicrohttpd is not behaving ? gobbling up all my ram ?


    please let me know if anything else would help getting to the bottom of this
    [hr]
    hmm. my initial assessment my be incorrect. im starting to think its BlueTooth


    right before the segFault... i have this


    Code
    1. Mar 24 18:04:06 livingRoom kernel: Transfer to device 6 endpoint 0x1 frame 1089 failed - FIQ reported NYET. Data may have been lost.


    dev6 is my usbBT.

    Code
    1. # lsusb -t
    2. /:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc_otg/1p, 480M
    3.     |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/5p, 480M
    4.         |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=smsc95xx, 480M
    5.         |__ Port 4: Dev 6, If 0, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M
    6.         |__ Port 4: Dev 6, If 1, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M
    7.         |__ Port 5: Dev 5, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
    8.         |__ Port 5: Dev 5, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M


    i have a cron script running every 3min to check if my or the wife's phone is in the livingRoom ( `hcitool name $BTmac` )


    looks like after the "frame fail" ... it takes about an 1hr for the hcitool scans to lock the system.


    i've commented out the cron line for now.


    let me know if you think im on the wrong path