LIRC and mapping of event handler etc.

• Hi there,

I use a HP remote and a IR receiver from a different brand.

I got installed latest LibreELEC just today on a x86 J1900 Intel CPU. LibreELEC works so far quite fine.

"lsusb" gives me for the USB-IR receiver:

Code
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0471:20cc Philips (or NXP)

"cat /proc/bus/input/devices"

For my understanding this tells me that the IR signals will be redirected to /dev/input/event7 where lirc should catch it, right?

The command "irw" does not give any output when I press any random button on my remote.

I assume, the mapping between lirc and event7 is not given. I tried to open hardware.conf in the /etc/lirc/, but there is none.

Where can I establish a link between event7 and the lirc? I think this would be the next step to setup a working IR remote for LibreELEC, right?

Thanks for advice.

• This is odd. Eventlircd should pick up the device, just checked and the udev rule matching the usb id is present in 98-eventlircd.rules.

Could you post the output of "lsof | grep /dev/input" and "cat /proc/bus/devices/input"?

If event7 is opened by eventlircd then most probably the spinelplus IR receiver doesn't support your remote - it's not configurable like the other IR receivers via ir-keytable.

so long,

Hias

• list open files:

I guess you had a left-right confusion in your command, there is not /proc/bus/devices, but /proc/bus/input/devices, here we go:

Well, How big is the chance that the remote is not working? I think the IR protocolls are pretty much standardized aren't they? I have the same remote working perfectly on a different IR-sensor in a Intel-NUC (built-in IR sensor).

Hias, thanks for support!

• Thanks for the info and sorry about the /proc mistake - was typing that quickly off the top of my head :)

lsof output looks fine, but the spinelplus receiver / driver seems to be hardwired to just the remote it came with (which is quite common for USB HID IR receivers).

So that combination won't work. You either need a generic IR receiver (a lot of motherboards come with that, you only need to plug in the IR receiver module) or use the remote that came with your IR receiver.

so long,

Hias