Posts by wauwau

Hi there,

I read many comments about Miracast and how Kodi can stream to it.

Can LibreELEC also be used as a MiraCast target? I want to get the screen controlled by my Surface tablet. The TV doesnt support anything like this.

Of course I could have a Microsoft Display Adapter, but wonder if Kodi wouldn't work either.

Thanks.

list open files:

I guess you had a left-right confusion in your command, there is not /proc/bus/devices, but /proc/bus/input/devices, here we go:

Well, How big is the chance that the remote is not working? I think the IR protocolls are pretty much standardized aren't they? I have the same remote working perfectly on a different IR-sensor in a Intel-NUC (built-in IR sensor).

Hias, thanks for support!

Hi there,

I use a HP remote and a IR receiver from a different brand.

I got installed latest LibreELEC just today on a x86 J1900 Intel CPU. LibreELEC works so far quite fine.

"lsusb" gives me for the USB-IR receiver:

Code
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0471:20cc Philips (or NXP)

"cat /proc/bus/input/devices"

For my understanding this tells me that the IR signals will be redirected to /dev/input/event7 where lirc should catch it, right?

The command "irw" does not give any output when I press any random button on my remote.

I assume, the mapping between lirc and event7 is not given. I tried to open hardware.conf in the /etc/lirc/, but there is none.

Where can I establish a link between event7 and the lirc? I think this would be the next step to setup a working IR remote for LibreELEC, right?

Thanks for advice.