How to remote control LibreELEC with the GUI on RPI 2 or 3?

• Hello everyone,

I would like to be able to help my family and friends that live away from me with LibreELEC by remote controlling the OS using the GUI for configuration. I have researched but haven't found a simple way to achieve this. It is quite difficult to ask them to configure port forwarding on their router when they do not understand the technology.

The issues are as follows:

Teamviewer is not supported but is on Raspbian I believe. Not the best option because I am dual booting LE and Raspbian. Kodi doesn't run well on Raspbian.

VNC is supported but requires port forwarding on the router to control LE. It's difficult to get them to do this because they wouldn't know how to get to their router logon interface.

I have read that a VPN tunnel would work with VNC but wouldn't that require port forwarding on their router anyway to connect to the RPI device behind it?

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Cheers,

Alkay.

• Use teamviewer to another computer on the local network and then configure the router from there. If you don't have an ssh tunnel through the router at a minimum you will have nothing but headaches when they ask for help in the future