Nice Android EPG for TVHeadend

• Hi,

Is there a spangly, "Mrs-compliant" tvheadend server interface available for Android ?

The standard tvheadend web interface is somewhat technical for just getting to an EPG to look at (unless I've missed something) and, while it's easy to control things via Yatse/Kodi, I was thinking that something that works similar or better than Yatse/Kodi without having to fire up Kodi would be ideal.

i.e.

Mobile/Tablet <--------------> tvheadend server

Not

Mobile/Tablet (Yatse) <------------------> Kodi <-----------------> tvheadend server.

An ideal solution would be to have something as good as "EPGNavigator" (on a Topfield) as an Android application which connects seamlessly with the server.

Thanks,

Jerzy

• Does anyone know of a web-based way to do this? i.e. get a nice EPG in table form in a browser from TVH and be able to record things, etc.

Alternatively, is the protocol described anywhere for clients (such as Kodi) to get TVH's EPG data?

• Emby can do it - there were plans to update Tvh to a new Gui version - but I guess due the amount of work required this isn't done yet. The current very old framework is sadly rather outdated :( The new one should easily support those nice things.