Key events register twice (intel nuc + Harmony)

• Every key press with My Intel NUC box + LibreELEC + Harmony smart hub suddenly started to register twice and I have no idea why, since it's been working just fine (I've had this box for 3 years at least, although originally it was openelec based). I'm now running LibreELEC version 8.1.1 and I have no idea what has changed to cause this. I found numerous threads with various fixes, but the threads are generally several years old. I tried some changes with advancedsettings.xml like remotedelay setting and delay settings in Harmony configuration but so far haven't been able to fix this. Weird thing is, it doesn't happen on every boot. Somethings it works normally but usually not. Has anyone found a definite fix for this, maybe for a something recent like what happened to me?

• Awesome, thanks! Now I feel a bit silly since I didn't find that thread. But yes, it was really confusing and couldn't figure out that lirc wasn't supposed to be on but had switched on after an update. I'm so relieved now though :).