Libreelec 8.1.1 and Atric IR-WakeupUSB

• Hello,

ich had my Libreelec Box (x86 PC) running for some time now. Today I updated to 8.1.1 and my remote stopped working.

I use an Atric IR-WakeupUSB receiver together with an OriginAE remote control. I can switch in the box with the remote. But when Libeelec is started I can not control it. The LED from the Atric indicates it receives the remote signals.

This all worked before the 8.1.1 update.

I also tried a fresh install of Libreelec but noch luck.

What I did so far after the fresh install:

I activated Lirc in the Libeelec setup.

I copied my lircd.conf to /storage/.config/

I checked that lirc is running. It is.

'ps -ef | grep lircd' gives me

Code
    316 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd
    361 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/lircd --nodaemon --release /storage/.config/lircd.conf
    362 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/lircd-uinput
    610 root       0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
    615 root       0:37 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd

This seems to be OK to me.

irw shows nothing if pressing keys. This is not OK.

lsusb gives me

Code
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04d8:f844 Microchip Technology, Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046a:0001 Cherry GmbH Keyboard
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

ID 04d8:f844 is the IR-WakeupUSB. So this seems also to be OK.

So, I have no idea how to go further here. Any suggestions on that?

Kind regards

Schrauber

• OK, it seems I am missing /dev/lirc0 and this is the reason for non working lirc.

The device from Atric /dev/ttyACM0 is there.

But why do I miss /dev/lirc0?

Any ideas?

My work around for the first time:

I copied /usr/lib/systemd/system/lircd.service to /storage/.config/system.d/ and added '--device=/dev/ttyACM0 --driver=irman' to the lircd commandline.

This works and the remote is functional.

• In LE 8.1/8.2 you can configure the lircd device and driver via /storage/.config/lirc_options.conf like in standard linux distributions - just copy over the default file from /etc/lirc/ and edit.

Better do it this way and remove all other custom systemd and/or autostart changes to make the config future-proof.

BTW: Initial wiki page on infrared remotes is here: infrared_remotes [LibreELEC]

so long,

Hias

• I'm facing a similar problem. Can't get my Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver to work.

How exactly did you modify your lirc_options.conf to get it working again? I think I should edit the driver = ... line. But I can't figure out what to put there...

Edit: created a separate post here.

Edited once, last by tojnk (September 27, 2017 at 2:15 PM).

• Dear Schrauber!

I changed to LibreELEC 8.2.5 but i am not able to bring the Atric IR-WakeupUSB to run.

Before i am running kodi orginal (kodiubuntu) an the atric work perfect. But other problems forced me to switch to libreelec.

What are all steps for a fresh installation to work with the atric IR?

On the atric homepage is only a very old documentation and that is not working.

thank you for the help!

Kind Regards,

Gregor