Posts by Schrauber

Hi,

I use an Atric IR-WakeupUSB remote receiver in my system. This worked fine with all versions up to the latest alpha of LE 9.0.

I needed to configure Lirc with driver irman. I was not able to get it working with kernel drivers. Only with lirc.

However, with LE 9.0 beta build it stopped working. This is because lirc does not have the irman driver. I found the libirman on the system. But lirc does not know this driver.

So what can I do about this?

Regards

OK, it seems I am missing /dev/lirc0 and this is the reason for non working lirc.

The device from Atric /dev/ttyACM0 is there.

But why do I miss /dev/lirc0?

Any ideas?

My work around for the first time:

I copied /usr/lib/systemd/system/lircd.service to /storage/.config/system.d/ and added '--device=/dev/ttyACM0 --driver=irman' to the lircd commandline.

This works and the remote is functional.

Hello,

ich had my Libreelec Box (x86 PC) running for some time now. Today I updated to 8.1.1 and my remote stopped working.

I use an Atric IR-WakeupUSB receiver together with an OriginAE remote control. I can switch in the box with the remote. But when Libeelec is started I can not control it. The LED from the Atric indicates it receives the remote signals.

This all worked before the 8.1.1 update.

I also tried a fresh install of Libreelec but noch luck.

What I did so far after the fresh install:

I activated Lirc in the Libeelec setup.

I copied my lircd.conf to /storage/.config/

I checked that lirc is running. It is.

'ps -ef | grep lircd' gives me

Code
    316 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd
    361 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/lircd --nodaemon --release /storage/.config/lircd.conf
    362 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/lircd-uinput
    610 root       0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
    615 root       0:37 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd

This seems to be OK to me.

irw shows nothing if pressing keys. This is not OK.

lsusb gives me

Code
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04d8:f844 Microchip Technology, Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046a:0001 Cherry GmbH Keyboard
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

ID 04d8:f844 is the IR-WakeupUSB. So this seems also to be OK.

So, I have no idea how to go further here. Any suggestions on that?

Kind regards

Schrauber

OK, as a workaround I did the following:
    I created the file /storage/.config/system.d/enable_lircd.service

After this:
    systemctl daemon-reload
    systemctl enable enable_lircd

So this simple service creates an empty /storage/.cache/services/lircd.conf on system startup.
    This leads to starting lircd und a working remote control.

Its a hack, but it is working for now.

I tried multiple installs. Every time the same problem. This file does not exist.

Where does this come from?
    [hr]
    Hmmpf, I also tried different IR receivers. One YaUSBir and one atric for serial connection. Same thing there. The path in sys does not exist and so no entry for lirc in the configuration.

This is exactly the problem here. There is no option for lirc under services.
    After Bluetooth there is nothing more.

And for the record: this is a fresh and clean install of libreelec 7.95.2 Beta.

Here are screenshots:

Hi,

I have a problem with the last beta 7.95.2
    I can not get my remote working. I was working with an older alpha version.

My reciever is an atric ir-wakeup usb. I have put my lircd.conf in /storage/.config/
    So this should work.

But ps ax | grep lirc shows me, that lircd does not get startet.

After some searching around I found a file /storage/.cache/services/lircd.disabled
    If I rename this file to lircd.conf, my remote works fine after next startup. But one restart later it does not work again. The file lircd.disabled is there again.

So, where does this file come from?

I found some comments, that in the libreelec configuration add-on lirc can be enabled/disabled in the last beta's. But I can not find this configuration point. I can enable/disable samba and so. But no lirc.

Regards