[Test] SSV6051 drivers

• Hi Kszaq I've update mxq s905x with ssv6051 I get 2 wifi options wlan0 and p2p0 wlan wont connect only p2p0 also settings not retained.i;ve used evice tree from s905/8.2/device_trees/S905X and gxl_p212_1g_nand device tree any suggestion please

• Hi Guys,

Frist: Kszaq, thanks for your effort in this specific issue. Saw your commits on Github delivering more device specific driver packs, great work.

With a Java oriented background and quite some Linux experience I would like to participate as well, but getting the base project of LibreElec with these parts together seems to be a bit more difficult than I've expected.

Anyhow: I've tried the combination of the newest 8.2 release: 8.1.6 from here in combination with all DTG files from the S905 and S905X directory. However, the only way I get my device starting is using the original DTG delivered with the image itself.

I'm using this box from banggood, ordered 2 weeks ago, first using the MXQ Pro 4 DTG file, after that all the others, but it seems this device also has got a exotic Wifi chip. First hit brought me here after opening this device and saw these two stickers:

f64rzrsp9azey.jpg

One of the stickers is speaking about the SSV5640, giving no results on Google. So I went searching for the other sticker which was speaking about SSV6051P which brought me to SSV6051. As you can see, I am not be able to take out the screws, these keep on twisting. Opening the box already brought me a cut in my finger and the fact that I can forget about the attached bottom being attached in the future.

What do you guys think, has someone got any luck getting WiFi working on this device? USB is working. The SSV6051 driver seems to be available and part of the package Kszaq brought us in the first post of this topic. However: it seems not getting WiFi working on my device. By the way: where can I even find any kind of logging which is the kernel, libreelec or anything between those providing?

If I can participate in testing or help with providing anything to get a working build, just let me know.

• Hi Kszaq I've update mxq s905x with ssv6051 I get 2 wifi options wlan0 and p2p0 wlan wont connect only p2p0 also settings not retained.i;ve used evice tree from s905/8.2/device_trees/S905X and gxl_p212_1g_nand device tree any suggestion please

wizard5458 I will compile one more test build with p2p interface disabled, we'll see if it resolves your issues.

PuckyBo I've never heard of another SSV chip used in Amlogic devices. You can identify your chip by issuing this command: udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*

• kszaq Gives me the following output:

P: /devices/http://d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1

E: DEVPATH=/devices/http://d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1

E: MODALIAS=sdio:c07v3030d3030

E: SDIO_CLASS=07

E: SDIO_ID=3030:3030

E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

I'll try to find some more information on Google.

Edit: found another topic on Google, seems I just have the SSV6051.

[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

/tmp/system/lib/8188eu.ko

/tmp/system/lib/8188fu.ko

/tmp/system/lib/8189es.ko

/tmp/system/lib/8189fs.ko

/tmp/system/lib/8192eu.ko

/tmp/system/lib/8723bs.ko

/tmp/system/lib/8812au.ko

/tmp/system/lib/audio_data.ko

/tmp/system/lib/dhd.ko

/tmp/system/lib/dwc3.ko

/tmp/system/lib/dwc_otg.ko

/tmp/system/lib/mali.ko

/tmp/system/lib/mt7601usta.ko

/tmp/system/lib/mt7603usta.ko

/tmp/system/lib/mtprealloc.ko

/tmp/system/lib/ssv6051.ko

I'll try to add the firmware (bin & cfg) files first to my running installation by placing them in the firmware folder.

Edit 2: seems to be that everything is readonly so creating a new build seems necessary. I'll try how far I can come.

Edited once, last by PuckyBo (September 8, 2017 at 8:25 PM).

• kszaq Because when I use these TARs to update my box won't boot. Seems they aren't compatible with my device.

Edit: Ok, forget everything I've said kszaq. Found out you had also a build for S905, I was only focussing on the MXQ build first. How can I thank you? Where can I donate some to thank you for support?

Edited once, last by PuckyBo (September 8, 2017 at 9:12 PM).

I can confirm this on my MXQ Pro S905X box. With the new .tar and devicetree the box only connects to the p2p0 networks and everytime a boot up the box the WiFi setting is toggled off and I have to setup a connection again.

• Hi Kszaq I can confirm that all issues on my mxq pro 4k s905x ssv6051 wifi are now resolved thanks to your very hard work that you do to support these tv boxes. I'd like to take this oportunity to thank you for supporting these boxes well done for resolving issues. We got there in the end. I can confirm that I streamed a movie last night via wifi with signal strength 91 without any issues or buffering

Best Regards Pete:):thumbup: