(Solved) Playback Issues

• Code
    17:25:22.139 T:1913648032   ERROR: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - failed to initialize device "@"

Seems like the initialisation of the sound stream is a problem.

A video (or overall?) bitrate of 29MB... Not sure if that is a bit over the top for a RPi, but it may not be impossible.

Remember, the GPU on a Raspberry Pi is basically a 2009 mediocre smartphone video chip.

Use a network cable if possible, wifi can be a PITA.

• I also noticed that the sound sounds gets distorted when I skip to the next chapter or something like this, but it gets better after like 20 seconds or so. I am not sure where this error comes from, I have 3 different Raspberry Pi's, maybe it is because the Hifiberry is missing on that Raspi but not on it? However I can say I have the problem with all 3 of my Pi's and before it was a lot more stable. If I played the same movie with my old setup from an USB stick it was working perfectly, not anymore.

• I installed Libreelec 8.1 fresh on another Pi and have the same issue, I can't play this file, it has nothing to do with the Hardware, under Openelec it was running. I dont think this is something I can fix, I just wanted to report it, because I like Libreelec a lot and I think it is important to play those files. And it has nothing todo with the Hifiberry, in the second setup I left it completely out.

Edited once, last by Coconut Oil (August 21, 2017 at 12:09 PM).

• I have the same problem, full HD .mkv-files are unplayable now. Settings -> Player Settings -> Videos -> Adjust display refresh rate -> Always improved it, but some movies show a black screen every 2 seconds, the audio is sometimes missing or the file is played with a very low fps. Has anyone else those problems?