I'm not sure if this is a bug report or an observation, but I'd very much like to know why it's happening and if there's anything I can do to improve the situation.
[BTW, I'm using the latest LE with Wetek Play2 & Core.]
My audio output is set to Pulse. I listen almost exclusively via a pair of BT headphones. After powering on my box I connect the headphones via the LE settings add-on. 80% of the time the playback will have an audio lag of a second or so. The 20% perfectly synced playback can't be relied upon for more than 30 mins - at some point the audio stream will be interrupted by an audible glitch which introduces the aforementioned audio lag.
However, there is a workaround with which I can guarantee the BT audio will always be perfectly synced and infinitely reliable.
1. Connect the headphones via the LE settings add-on.
2. Switch the audio stream to HDMI.
3. Play a few seconds of video with the audio streamed through the TV.
4. Stop the playback.
5. Switch the audio stream back to Pulse - I can hear the Pulse audio reconnect to the headphones.
6. Return to my library and play a video. The audio now 100% synced and undisturbed.
Why is this happening? And is there an easier and less cumbersome means of obtaining a reliable BT audio stream?
Thanks for your time.