NUC NUC6CAYH(J3455) HDMI Audio Has Poor Audio Quality on Certain TVs

• I recently just bought an Apollo Lake NUC and installed the latest stable build of librelec (8.0.2). The hdmi audio is working currently on two other TVs (Sceptre 2014 and Panasonic 2008 )but on this older LCD Vizio TV (2008) the sound is crackling and horrible. I have gui sounds enabled and they do not work on this TV (Vizio) but the others it works. The wetek hub (plus other S905xs) I have has no issues at all regarding the soundon the Vizio TV. I know there have been hdmi audio issues with digitial receivers 98797 – [BXT] - HDMI - HD audio passthrough dont work but PCM audio works no problem (which the audio jack (3.5 mm)) based on the thread. I would like to be able to have hdmi audio work on this TV since it works on others. Has anyone else experienced this issue with poor audio quality? Will next release of libreelec have updated graphics drivers? Is the hdmi audio issue only for digital audio to dts receivers or can it happen with hdmi audio to a tv speakers?

The TV is this model number vw32lhdtv40a

Thanks

• This is the first time I hear of NUC's having crackly audio over HDMI and there are quite a few NUC users among the team. The issue with HD audio is still present (as Intel still didn't get their sh1t together and fix their driver) but this sounds [sic] like something more basic. Next release will have updated Kernel (and thus drivers) but since this kind of thing isn't a known issue there is no guarantee anything will be fixed. You could try using a Milhouse (Leia) build to test that; LE 8.2 isn't quite ready for public testing yet.

• Have you checked that particular T.V. with anything else? Sounds like it may be the T.V. Also have you checked the HDMI that is has? I've heard some of the older VIZIO's HDMI were not very "up to date" tech wise. It may be an older HDMI, ie. 1.0, as opposed to 1.4 or the 2.0 HDMI... Just a thought