Libreelec plugin: add WiFi EAP (802.1x) support

• Hi guys

Just one thing here: the Libreelec Network and WiFi support is very useful of course, but it lack of capability to configure EAP (802.1x) WiFi.

Actually those are detected, but the attempt to connect result in an error from the plugin, and sometime it just ask for the password, while it should ask for userid/password and configure the wap_supplicant accordly

I know it may be a not so common use case, but in some environment it could be very required

Bye

• The connection manager (connman) supports EAP but nobody has ever written the GUI bits to configure it; because nobody among the project staff or regular contributors has ever had access to the necessary infrastructure (and in 5-6 years EAP support has been asked-for the same number of times). If you find a normal Linux distro that also uses connman and configure it there you should be able to transfer the service config files over to LE in /storage/.cache/connman/ and have it work. If some keen and capable volunteer submits the required changes to support EAP on github we'll review and hopefully merge them. I suspect the 7th-ever enquiry for EAP (in a year or so) will see me repeat this answer though.

• I looked into this and using current code EAP can not be easily supported. Settings add-on relies on connman to ask for username/password, but connman will probably never implement interactive connection without preexisting configuration file specifying some additional info about specific network configuration. See this connman discussion: https://connman.connman.narkive.com/jcihjs8m/cannot-connect-to-eap-ieee8021x-without-a-config-file

If I create connman config file containing required info about authentication, connman asks for password/username and it connects successfully

To support EAP there would have to be some way to configure authentication before connection and creating connman configuration files using provided info.

• I think the first step is to document the additional config required in our wiki so that anyone looking to use EAP understands how it's done; what info is needed and where the files need to live. Once that's understood, we can ask people to think about how