LibreELEC 8.0.2 does not recognize my GeniaTech MyGica T230

• Hi all.

I am running Cubox-i4x4 with LE 8.0.2. The regular imx6 image does not run on my device (why?), so I am running vpeter's image: LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.2-3.14-sr.img.gz .

I installed tvheadend 4.2 and the device is simply not recognized. I intentionally got the T230 and NOT T230c, since I read it should work out of the box.

I saw around the web some people having similar problems, and the suggested solution was to get 3 firmware files. My system already has those files in /lib/firmware and I tried to shadow them by placing (newer ?) versions in /storage/.config/firmware.

Nothing helps. My guess is that the reason for this is that my image uses kernel 3.14 instead of the 4.4 of the official version.

Any ideas anyone? Should I try Xbian perhaps?

Thanks,

Tom.

• Run this two commands and post urls.

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit
    lsusb -v | pastebinit

I see here

It is supported since kernel 3.19.

which means it will not work with 3.14 kernel :(

• Hi Peter.

I plugged in the device, then I ssh'd and this is what I got:

• Thanks for trying to help. Maybe one day there will be an LE version with a newer kernel working on the i4x4.

Conversely, is there a reliable resource where I can see a list of dvb-t adapters and their compatibility with kernel versions?

Well, I found this table.

Seems that only the PCTV Systems nanoStick T2 290e would work with this kernel.

Thanks again for the effort. I will keep looking for any distro that can run on my i4x4 with newer kernel.

I also tried the OE 8.0.4 for imx6. Interestingly, it boots fine (kernel 4.8). However, it recognizes only 2GB RAM, Samba seemed not to work and tvheadend is not supported... So this is not really a plausible option.

Edited once, last by talkenig: Found more relevant info. Tried to post as a new message, but it got disabled for some reason. (August 5, 2017 at 10:12 AM).