How to run executables on Libreelec & Kodi?

• I'm new to this and totally lost!

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 model B with Libreelec and Kodi installed on the SD card. It all boots fine into KODI.

I have a 3.5" touch screen attached to the SPI interface and need to run the executables that came with the driver

to instal the drivers to use the LCD.

I've copied the driver files and exe's to the SD card and put it back in the Pi. but now I need to actually execute the

.exe on the SD card but don't know how.

When I SSH to the Pi, I see a unix like file structure but none of the files I copied to the root of the SD card.

Can someone help this Pi Noob and tell me how the heck to I run code on the Pi, in this Libreelec & koi configuration.

Currently the Pi boots straight into Kodi and I can't seem to find a CLI or terminal on it.

• Official Post

LibreELEC runs on a plain vanilla Linux OS, with some bells and whistles to make Kodi possible. Running Windows applications is not an option. The CLI can be accessed via SSH.

Which .exe files were you planning to run?

• Firstly I copied the files (drivers and install scripts) to the SD card using a desktop.

I put the SD card back into the Pi and powered it up. I then used SSH to connect to the Pi.

None of the files show up, so my first hurdle is what is the correct way of copying the driver files

to the Pi so that they can be seen using SSH?

2nd hurdle is using SSH how do I then run the install scripts which just look like they copy a bunch of files

around on the Pi?

• flump looks like this is your first time with Linux. Drivers in linux are in the kernel as modules. Drivers outside of the Linux kernel are distributed as dkms modules in a standard distro. Since libreelec has is read only os file system there is no way to install external drivers.

And by the words you are using to describe this drivers I tend to think those are for windows.

• This is an example of one of the scripts:-

sudo cp ./lcd_35_v/kernel.img /boot/kernel.img

sudo cp ./lcd_35_v/kernel7.img /boot/

sudo cp ./lcd_35_v/*.dtb /boot/

sudo cp ./lcd_35_v/overlays/*.dtb* /boot/overlays/

sudo cp -rf ./lcd_35_v/lib/* /lib/

sudo apt-mark hold raspberrypi-kernel

sudo reboot

it's copying a bunch of .dtb files so not sure what OS they are for.

• So they are not single drivers is a whole kernel image with those drivers included probably. That script is valid for a raspberry pi with Debian not libreelec.