Not new and shiny hardware

• Hi,

I'm about to try Libre Elec on a couple of older machines. One had OpenElec on it before I switched to Kodibuntu, so I am very happy that the LibreElec guys started their own thing!

But first, my gf has an old Samsung netbook, which is not this one exactly but I imagine the specs are pretty similar-

Samsung N150 Specs - CNET

Hers is actually a Np-N150-ja03, but I can't seem to find any good spec pages on the net about it. I think memory and cpu wise, and I would guess Intel video, will be probably fine. But, since linux, I am always concerned about Wifi and Audio drivers. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this model, or if anything jumps out as obvious. She only uses it for music so it probably won't even ever do video, although it's possible she might pop some dvds in for the kids.

Any assistance before blowing away the old OS would be very much appreciated, as I am not sure we have the disk in order to go back if it doesn't work out.

• Official Post

Intel Atom 450 + internal graphics ... That's ancient by now. Perhaps an older OpenELEC version will work, but don't expect any miracles.

LibreELEC (as well as OpenELEC) needs a fairly recent OpenGL version in hardware support, otherwise the Kodi GUI will not run properly.

If the box supports USB booting, you can try testdriving LE or OE from a USB stick.