Posts by mondoswank

Hey everyone, I realize this is probably not the most appropriate place for this, but I'm not sure where else to look and I am hoping that since this only started happening recently that maybe some other people might have encountered it.

For some reason, all the NFL YouTube videos no longer play. And it seems to be only the NFL account. It doesn't seem to be geo related as I connected my VPN to a US server.

The log doesn't look to be much help either. My last three entries from when I tried to watch the last video (browsing YouTube on phone, sending to Kodi via Yatse in case that matters) are simply:

1. Running Youtube plugin

2. ERROR: Skipping unplayable item

3. ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window games

Might this be some new YouTube thing regarding Ads, since Kodi blocks them? The NFL is definitely the kind of entity that would want to block you from watching if you skip the ads.

Anyway, my YouTube plugin is 6.2. Anyone else having this happen? Thanks in advance!

I can't seem to connect to my wifi, and unfortunately it's the only internet connection I have for my Kodi box.

At one point, I had Mac filtering enabled on the Hotspot, but it's been off for a while. What is odd is that under the system settings, I don't even see a Mac Address for the TP-Link. I'm thinking I should be seeing something there if it were working correctly.

Any ideas or suggestions most welcome!

Thanks!

It appears that this adapter is supported but i don't even see anything anywhere in the settings to see if it is installed correctly or to connect to any networks. Where should that be? Do I need to manually install a driver? If so, how?

I'm running a different skin, in case somehow it's just not showing me some options that I should be seeing.

Thanks in advance!

Heya,

I was on OpenElec a long time ago, and just kept running into problems that I couldn't resolve and frankly didn't feel much like there was much interest in helping because I was using an old machine from 2008. I ended up switching over to Kodibuntu, which mostly worked OK except for a ridiculous amount of popping that i could never get worked out.

I just installed LibreElec on the same machine, and everything went so smoothly that I was up and running in only a couple of hours. Still have the occasional pop, but its definitely livable and everything went so smoothly that I just had to say thanks. I am usually one of those guys getting pretty upset over OpenSource software not working like I expect, so I was really happy to see that this move to LIbreElec, both for the developers and for myself, seems to have been in the best interest of everyone.

So, thanks!

Hi,

I'm about to try Libre Elec on a couple of older machines. One had OpenElec on it before I switched to Kodibuntu, so I am very happy that the LibreElec guys started their own thing!

But first, my gf has an old Samsung netbook, which is not this one exactly but I imagine the specs are pretty similar-

Samsung N150 Specs - CNET

Hers is actually a Np-N150-ja03, but I can't seem to find any good spec pages on the net about it. I think memory and cpu wise, and I would guess Intel video, will be probably fine. But, since linux, I am always concerned about Wifi and Audio drivers. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this model, or if anything jumps out as obvious. She only uses it for music so it probably won't even ever do video, although it's possible she might pop some dvds in for the kids.

Any assistance before blowing away the old OS would be very much appreciated, as I am not sure we have the disk in order to go back if it doesn't work out.