[SOLVED] [HDMI CEC] issues on odroid C2, LibreElec and a Toshiba TV

• Dear all,

I'm having a strange problem with an odroid C2 running libreElec.

HDMI CEC works out of the box on both the TVs in my house, but specifically on a Toshiba 46" the video connection keeps disconnecting (glitches, they last typically a second) every now and then when an input comes from the TV remote controller.

I tried to connect the C2 to another port which is not ARC / CEC compatible using an air mouse and substituting the HDMI cable... but got the same result; every key I press on the air remote controller, the screen disconnects and re-connects ..

Oddly enough, I tried the entire set of tests on a little 24" Sony Bravia... I have no issues at all.

So I guess that the problem relies on Pulse drivers with the specific HDMI implementation by Toshiba.

Another element to be evaluated: before the C2, I had an odroid C1 CEC enabled running OpenElec and these strange "glitches" occourred a couple of times in .... two years.

I make a recording on the issue, in order to clarify what the problem is. (in the video, I was just on the youtube plugin scrolling down results on "most wanted" video section... got two glitch in few seconds):

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If anyone could guide me (yeah, I'm quite a n00b on LE) on how to troubleshoot the problem (maybe any log could be helpful, but I don't know where these are eventually located or if it's necessary to enable a trace, I don't know)... well, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody,

M. :shy:

EDIT: I found out the cause of this odd behaviour: the psu .
    Changed it with another one I had and no issue so far... beware of cheap psu :)

Edited once, last by k4yl0rd (July 20, 2017 at 12:34 PM).