Kodi Segfault when using custom EDID (NUC)

• Latest LE 8.0.2 on Intel NUC D34010WYK with an 8:3 aspect ratio display and a customized EDID. Anytime that "Option "CustomEDID"" is used in the xorg.conf file, both xrandr and Kodi segfault. This happens with my modified EDID or the factory EDID. If this option is commented out in xorg.conf and only the modelines are left the segfaults do not happen.

With EDID enabled:

Kodi segfaults on boot and then recovers. Any attempt to enter the System Settings menu causes a segfault. Otherwise it operated normally.

Log: GGcG

Pastebin of DMESG: [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.9.29 (chewitt@buildbox) (gcc version 6.2.0 (GCC) - Pastebin.com

Without EDID:

Everything operates normally.

Log: aNaL

DMESG: [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.9.29 (chewitt@buildbox) (gcc version 6.2.0 (GCC) - Pastebin.com

I've also tried using the "getedid create" (using the display's 'factory' edid) as well as manually running the script commands to use my custom edid with the same results. The factory EDID does not include the display's native aspect ratio, so I have been working to get the entire boot process functioning at the 8:3 ratio.

You will notice the unusual resolution. The display is 1920x720 pixels but it will not sync to any modelines based on that resolution. I was forced to 'get creative' to get a nearly-correct aspect that does not cause display corruption. Without the EDID involvement, the display is trouble-free. If it would be a value I will set the default Modeline to 1920x1080 for a log (which the display will happily sync to), but I don't feel that's the issue.

Thanks for the help!

• option "CustomEDID" is an nVidia-only configuration parameter so I'm not surprised Intel drivers don't like it, although segfaulting sounds like bad code design for error handling. That's not the issue though. Remove the custom xorg.conf and re-run the getedid script.

• Thank you, I appreciate that!

I removed the xorg.conf and then reran a (modified) script to use my modified edid.bin in place of the display's factory edid and that corrected the problem. The system now boots to the 2376x890@60 resolution that makes the display happy, and both xrandr and kodi's display configuration function normally.

No more "CustomEDID" on intel for me. Lesson learned :)