LibreELEC 8.0.1a - no update option within Kodi addon

• I've installed LibreELEC 8.0.1a on my Mini M8S II (S905-based) box. The installation file was LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1a.img.gz, set up to direct boot from SD Card bypassing the factory-installed Android version completely. It worked fine from first boot, and I'm really happy with this package.

I understand that I should be able to update over the internet using the LibreELEC addon in Kodi, but although there is meant to be a new version now available (supporting Kodi 17.3 rather than my current 17.1) nothing shows in the LibreELEC > System tab > Updates section, either in Auto or Manual mode. In manual mode I set Custom Channels to Off, and Update Channel to LibreELEC-8.0, but Available Versions is still empty.

Andre

• Official Post

Make sure of enabling the "Wait for network" option in the LibreELEC Settings Add-on. Kodi has a tendency to start before the network connection is up.

• I've already got Wait for Network enabled. However I rarely reboot the media box anyway, it's so low power I just leave it on waiting for me. I've tried rebooting in case it made any difference, but still the same.

Andre

• I've left it on Auto for a few days now, but still nothing. Internet connection to the device is fine and everything else works fine (and I can update other addons).

How is this update meant to trigger, as I've installed 17.3 it manually on my computer and Android tablet and it works fine, but my main media device connected to the TV stubbornly refuses to find it.

Andre

• [Edit] So I'd be better just downloading the latest package and dropping it into the Update folder on the SD Card via Samba, and allowing it to update manually that way via a reboot? Looks pretty painless, as long as my settings/addons/etc are retained. I first thought I'd have to do a full install from the PC again.

Andre

Edited 2 times, last by andrewilley (June 18, 2017 at 11:32 AM).

• [Edit] So I'd be better just downloading the latest package and dropping it into the Update folder on the SD Card via Samba, and allowing it to update manually that way via a reboot?

Correct. The update channel in the link I posted is still experimental at this stage, so best off sticking to the tried and true manual method for now unless you are willing to risk your install.

• Thanks. Updated via the 'update' folder and it worked fine. I lost access to the LibreELEC addon after the initial reboot, but a second reboot fixed that. Cheers for the help everyone, I'll just update manually from now on.

Andre