RPi3 & LibreELEC: Disable Onboard WiFi for WiFi USB dongle

• Hi there,

Can someone advise the best way for me to disable the onboard WiFi on a Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreELEC? I've seen various tutorials on the internet but don't really relate to LibreELEC. I intend to use a WiFi dongle for a better signal strength.

• sorry for the delay in replying - thanks for this.

Noob question though, how or where do I enter this code? Vital piece of info that didn't seem to be visible in all the tutorials I've read ...

• Put your SD card in a Windows PC, and you'll see contents of Fat32 card's partition. There you'll see a file named "config.txt". Open that file with any text editor (Notepad will do) and copy "dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi" text (without quotes ;) and paste it to the end of config.txt file. Save the file and try it on Pi if it works as expected...

• Put your SD card in a Windows PC, and you'll see contents of Fat32 card's partition. There you'll see a file named "config.txt". Open that file with any text editor (Notepad will do) and copy "dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi" text (without quotes ;) and paste it to the end of config.txt file. Save the file and try it on Pi if it works as expected...

i have to apologise for my ignorance, this should be bread and butter for me, just can't understand how easy it is to yet not explained this way in ANY tutorial I've read to date.

I may come back if there are any issues ☺️

• Worked like a charm - thanks for your help Sholander.

Re-quoting the steps for clarification in case anyone was equally as confuzzled as I was:

Put your SD card in a Windows PC, and you'll see contents of Fat32 card's partition. There you'll see a file named "config.txt". Open that file with any text editor (Notepad will do) and copy "dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi" text (without quotes ;) and paste it to the end of config.txt file. Save the file and try it on Pi if it works as expected...