LE 8.0.2 won't boot when attached to Denon AVR-S920W

• I have a Asus CN62 chrome box with a fresh installed libre elec 8.0.2. It works fine when I hook it up to monitor, boots instantly into LE and is ready to go. Move it to my living room and hook it up to the Denon and it won't boot if the HDMI cable is plugged in. I can tell it won't boot because I get a black screen and I can't ping the box. If I unplug the hdmi cable and let it and then plug it back in - it will boot and I can ssh into it no problem. I followed this guide for open elec not sure if there is a different way of doing this for libra elec Configuring_a_Custom_xorg.conf#tab=Intel for a EDID file and the first time I booted it no change - 2nd time I let the box boot without the hdmi cable and re-attached it and it worked. It continues to work if I shutdown the device properly and start it without the cable. Otherwise it seems to get corrupted and I have to do it again. I've tried multiple cables and it doesn't work. I went through some logs and didn't find anything. How should I turn up the verbosity and what logs should I be looking at ?

• i have a very similar Denon AVR, and would get the same situation if my video resolution was too high. Power off your AVR, and you should get video on your TV. I have a 4k TV, but if my LibreELEC box is set higher than 1080P, I get no picture on my TV.