Copy Videos etc. to SD card

• I know that there are many ways to get access to KODI and I watched several videos regarding this, but they all just show how to connect.

But into which folder do I have to copy things that they appear on homescreen under Movies, Videos, Music, Pictures etc.?

Via network there are a few folders Pictures and Videos for example, but Movies is missing. I simply can't find the same folder structure like in KODI menu...

And when I want to copy it from USB with the filemanager, then there are only "Profile directory" and "Add source", no folders and files at all.

• Ok, thanks. Now Movies works, but my series are not shown under TV Series.

Have changed content to TV Series (only 1 season) and added it to the library after changing the titles to e.g. "In the beginning_ep01.mp4", but afterwards there still is the option to add to the library...

Within the Videos folder, where I added all Media sources, you can of course just open the series folder and play it that way, but its a bit cumbersome. I linked the whole source folder to Movies and then subfolders to TV Series and others.

• Official Post

To have a proper setup for Kodi to work with, using seperate root/starting folders for movies and tv shows is essential. Kodi itself cannot see the difference between a movie or a tv episode.

Look here for Kodi's folder naming possibilities.