[S905] Installation problem

• So, you have downloaded the correct image, you have downloaded the correct device tree.

You then created the image using? (I use rufus) you then copied the device tree to the root of the sd card, renaming it to dtb.img

You then plugged in the microsd card, while holding the reset button, you plugged the power lead in, & release the reset button after a few seconds.

Yes?

• So, you have downloaded the correct image, you have downloaded the correct device tree.

You then created the image using? (I use rufus) you then copied the device tree to the root of the sd card, renaming it to dtb.img

You then plugged in the microsd card, while holding the reset button, you plugged the power lead in, & release the reset button after a few seconds.

Yes?

Yes, I downloaded LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a.img.gz and gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb (tried with gxbb_p200_2G_m8s+_k3_pro.dtb too). Then I created the image using rufus and replaced renamed device tree. Next I plugged-in USB pendriver, the power supply cable was disconnected and I held the reset button pressed until the boot screen shown above appeared.

• I have a similar device with an S905X cpu running Android 6. With mine, there was no button in the hole to press. There are no buttons on the whole device. Yours may be similar. If you have a terminal emulator in Android, you can use that or connect over the network with adb, get an adb shell and issue this command at a root prompt: reboot update

• According to the picture, your box is equipped with a S905X CPU (Platform P212), use the correct device tree.. :)

could you tell me what is the correct device tree for s905x as I'm having problems to but my problem is randomly rebooting

• Look here

I have MAXESA MAX-E, S905X 2GB RAM and use gxl_p212_2g.dtb, works perfectly (except WLAN, works a few minutes, then breaks the Internet connection and the box must be restarted every time)