[Closed] - [8.0.2a - S905 (MXQ Pro 4K) - Bug] Myatique Satix S2 Sky/DVBSky S860 causes internal error

• Hi,

I've had this issue already with 8.0.1k, but I though an update might solve it. Unfortunately it doesn't, thus this report. I have a Mystique Satix S2 Sky/DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S/S2 tuner, that I'd like to use with LibreELEC on my MXQ Pro 4K box. Problem is, that while booting the device detection at some point throws an "Internal Error", see the logs here:

Some of the device nodes in /dev are created, but not all:

Code
    ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/
    total 0
    crw-rw----    1 root     video     212,   0 Jan  1  2015 demux0
    crw-rw----    1 root     video     212,   1 Jan  1  2015 dvr0
    crw-rw----    1 root     video     212,   2 Jan  1  2015 net0

As a result, the VDR-backend plugin from Kodi does not show any channel. It works, however, if I use a different DVB tuner (e.g. TT-S3600). I can also provide kodi logs, but I don't think they are of much use, since the problem happens already before Kodi is even started.

I compared the firmware files in /lib/firmware with the latest ones taken from this page, but the files are the same (according to an md5 comparison) except for dvb-demod-si2168-a20-01.fw, but I don't know if this is relevant. Unfortunately, I cannot replace the existing one, since the firmware directory is mounted read-only.

Anybody has some hints?

Edited once, last by sesceu (May 31, 2017 at 6:39 PM).

• Can you try 8.0.1g or earlier?

I tried 8.0.1g: Directly after the update, the card was correctly recognized. However, I could not switch to any TV channel, I then tried the Wirbelscan plugin to scan for TV channels, but directly after clicking "start" it stops again with no TV channels found.

After a reboot, I get the same error messages as above.

• If now tried 8.0.1a, 8.0.1d, 8.0.1e, 8.0.1f and 8.0.1g, all with the same error, as in my initial post. Any ideas?

I hope I am wrong here, but this started to sound like a hardware (DVBSky S960/S860) issue. Can you confirm if this DVBSky S960/S860 device will give similar error messages when plugged into any Linux desktop computer that has a driver support?

• I thought I could rule that out, because I actually have two DVBSky S860 devices, and both behave the same. Surprisingly, I just tried one of them out on an x86_64 system with Kernel 4.9.28 and immediately after plugging it in, I got a kernel panic. I still have to try the other one, but I have to do this tomorrow. Maybe both of them are broken.