Randomly starts skipping a lot of frames

• Hello,

i’m happily running LibreELEC 8.02 on an Odroid C2, everything is working like it should, no big issues at all.
    I’m streaming from a Synology DS213j with NFS over gigabit ethernet.

Sometimes during playback without interaction playback starts to judder badly. Looking into PlayerDebug it shows a steady rising number of frameskips. Roughly about 100 per minute. The funny thing is, as long as PlayerDebug is shown, playback is smooth and no new frameskips are displayed, once i close it again, the judder appears again and when i open it again i can see the number of frames skipped.

Files are MKV Blu-ray rips and smaller 1080p MKV files, all pretty normal H.264 files. No 4k, 3D, 10bit, H.265 or anything special.
    Pause/resuming the video doesn't fix the issue but stopping and restarting playback (at the same position) fixes it instantly.
    Video and audio queue saturation are at normal values (vq: 99%, aq: 70% all values steady) at all times.

Settings:
    Adjust Display Refresh Rate: yes (start/stop)
    Sync Playback to Display: no (not needed)
    Audio Passthrough: yes
    Hardware video acceleration is enabled, all settings at default values.

If needed, i can post a Kodi.log. Although it will be hard to catch the issue in the logfile since it happens randomly during playback and not very often. A few times per week maybe.

Thanks,
    Alex

Example MediaInfo for a problematic video file:

Edited once, last by kaiser.alex (May 31, 2017 at 3:34 PM).