[BUG] S905X Jarvis and Krypton: FLAC decoding issues

• 1. FLAC introduces an additional delay (compared to DD/DTS).
    I think it is around 175ms. Others should test that number to make sure.

2. Most of the time, starting an x265 movie with a 7.1 FLAC audio track triggers awful scratching/hissing noises on the rear channels (like pink noise) and a beep in the beginning (and after skipping).
    My speaker setup is 5.1. The AVR downmixes 7.1 to 5.1.
    TrueHD and DTS-HD 7.1 tracks are properly played as 5.1 without any noise on the rears.
    I assume there might be an error within the (rear back channel) FLAC decoder?

Device type:
    S905X
    Build:
    7.0.3.012j and 8.0.1l
    Device:
    Mini M8S II 2GB/16GB

How to reproduce:
    1. Look for a/v-sync in the attached samples.

2. Unfortunately, short samples don't trigger the noise.
    I can only reproduce it with a full length movie.
    However, I included a log of the event.

Samples:
    I added different FLAC samples for the delay.
    FLAC testfiles – Google Drive
    (Folder includes four 30s samples: FLAC 16Bit 5.1, FLAC 16Bit 7.1, FLAC 24Bit 5.1 and FLAC 24Bit 7.1)

Specs from log audio:

Support logs:
    Attached.

• After testing a bit more, I need to adjust my initial report regarding two points:

1. The 7.1 pink noise on the rear channels can also happen with H.264 videos, it just seems to occur less frequently.

2. It looks like the additional delay is not present in Krypton (at least not in 8.0.1l-mm). I had forgotten that there is no advancedsettings.xml with a global 175ms delay for 23-24fps videos. After comparing to some DTS-HD videos, it looks like Krypton just has that global 175ms, regardless of the codec used. Confirmation pending, but both DTS-HD and FLAC seemed a/v-synced after inserting the advancedsettings.xml into the Krypton userdata folder. :)

• I get that - no worries.

As long as I can get rid of the pink noise by just stopping and retrying or open a different audio codec video in between it's fine. :)

However, can you answer this? I'd just like to know if that is possible:

Is there maybe some way I can define a delay for FLAC only myself?

I.e. is there a way to define separate delays for different audio codecs?