Xgody X96 Android box remote Problem

• Hi,
    first of sorry for my bad english. I've got a Problem with Libreelec and the Xgody x96 S905x Box with the Remote under Libreelec.
    Everthing works fine with libreelec with the remote exept i can't pause a video or Stop a video and no rewind and fast forward (with the Keys). It works in android.
    but not in libreelec. I copied the original remote conf. but this didnt work :s Hope somebody can help me cause i want to use librelec.
    Thanks in advance.

Ollie

• ollie2202,

There is a thread Create Remote.conf from scratch which shows you how to get your remote.conf file working to your liking (ie you can have any key (except power, perhaps) perform any Kodi action).

You'll want to follow all the steps, but basically, you will:

1. fire up two copies of putty on your PC and log into your libreelec box
    2. using nano, create remote.conf in /storage/.config (nano /storage/.config/remote.conf and copy the template of remote.conf into this file
    3. following the directions, you'll press a remote button and the second window will tell you the 'code' for that button; you'll put that code against the KODI 'name' for that button.

Good luck, and it isn't that hard.

Andrew

• Hi Andrew,
    what i dont understand is the remote config is the original from the box. So how would it be possible that if i use your config creator that the pause, stop, rewind and fastforwad key would work ??? how i told you guys in android if i start kodi the stop and everything works in libreelec it doesn't :huh:

Ollie

• how i told you guys in android if i start kodi the stop and everything works in libreelec it doesn't :huh:

Do You know what DIY means ?
    Libreelec is not Android
    Advantage of Libreelec is the flexibility of customizing mostly everything You want

• Fix for xgody X96 Remote

Create /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

Code
    * * xgody_x96remote

create /storage/.config/rc_keymaps

Then reboot