question about lirc

• Hello,

I recently bought an android box with this chipset in it. The android build was awful (slow, buggy, Kodi PVR was just not useable, etc). As I mainly wanted to run Kodi, this forum has saved the item from going in the bin. This build has really shown what this hardware is capable of. The android build would give the impression that this box is not useable as a daily STB.

I am already running multiple RPi boxes with LibreELEC on other TVs around the house, so I am somewhat familiar with how that works.

One thing that I like about it is that I can use irrecord to map any IR remote control and add all these maps to lircd.conf. This is great as all my remotes will work on all of my TVs.

On this build I do not see where the lircd.conf file goes .. or how the lircd is configured. The remote that came with the box works (for the main part), but I would really like to map some of my other remotes also. Ideally I would just drop in the lircd.conf file that I have already on 4 other RPis. Finally I would like to keep the remote that came with the box working also.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

(I am running the 7.0.3 j build)

• Thank you for the pointer. Hmmm ... if I find some spare hours I might try and get this working. I guess I was asking a lot to simply drop in my ever growing lircd.conf.

If you use an external receiver then lirc (and lircd.conf and all the other gubbins) is used - the only limitation is that you can't switch on except via the original remote / built-in receiver.