My MCE remote stopped working, changes to lirc?

• I just updated to LE 8.0.4 and now I can't use my remote again. How strange.

There's some info about lirc in the changelog...

EDIT: F*CK! Forget it. Will tell how stupid I am soon..

/Söder

• OK. Almost so stupid I'm not allowed to be here...

I got a friend that still hasn't done the move from OpenELEC to LibreELEC. The other day I told him OpenELEC at least was updated now, and got Kodi 17.3 and all that. He updated and we talked about the new skin in Kodi and stuff.

Now, I got nothing to do. My wife's in the garden, one of our two kids are in sleep, and the other walked away from the TV where I had started some kid TV.

By old routine I went to libreelec.tv I thought, saw there was a new version, put the file in the "update" folder and rebooted. Gaaah, new boot up screen...hmmm, the remote doesn't work... And some addons isn't working... Write a post. Fix it before the wife finds out and ask you why the hell you have to update if nothing is broken and so on.

I then saw, it was OpenELEC, and, F*CK, I'm so stupid.

Hopefully, I'm back to LibreELEC now again, without any errors...

/Söder

• Just in case it helps anyone. I have a NUC5CPYK, running LE 8.02. When it was Openelec, I bought an MCE remote and it worked great. I got another NUC (same celeron model) and it became the one I used the MCE remote with, and it became the southern vacation home HTPC. I brought the old NUC home with me in April, right about the time the LibreElec 8.02 upgrade happened. Upgraded to 8.02. I was using a Logitech keyboard/pad on the NUC up north. Experimented with an old IPad and something called iWaveit IR dongle (and a remote building app called Tabula Rasa.) The iPad is 1st gen and won't go higher than IOS5, so I had to use old technology to make the remote. I built a remote that handles the TV, A/V receiver, BluRay Disc, and Sony PS3, but could not get the NUC CIR to respond to the MCE commands from Tabula Rasa. After much angst, I upgraded the NUC5CPYK BIOS from 0054 to 0062. That did the trick. FWIW.