TVHeadend keeps asking for a password

• I am using LibreELEC on my Wetek Play 2 and after installingTVHeadend and getting most of the way through seting it up, it started asking for a password after I came back to it on my PC, but what ever i put in it will not start up.

I have no experience of using putty etc i was wondering if there is an easy way of either resetting TVHeadend, adding a password without starting it or removing it completely so I can start again.

Or is there a writeup that would run me through the reset process

I have tried uninstalling it and tried installing 4 and 4.2 but it still asks for the password

OR is there another program that I could use but I would like to stick with TV Headend if possible

Edited once, last by JohnWB (May 3, 2017 at 9:06 AM).

• I sorted this out using the steps below from codesnake in the Wetek LibreELEC forum.

"To start configuring TVH from scratch uninstall the addon, then from your PC open LibreELEC's userdata network share and delete the userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/. After that install TVH addon again".

I have used it a few times but I still can't get Tvheadend 4.2 to work. I can get it setup using my browser on my PC and can play the TV programs on my PC but i can't get the add-on to work.

I can put the web address into the add-on in but when I try to start it from the home page it says i need an add-on installing. very strange.

• I sorted this out using the steps below from codesnake in the Wetek LibreELEC forum.

"To start configuring TVH from scratch uninstall the addon, then from your PC open LibreELEC's userdata network share and delete the userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/. After that install TVH addon again".

I have used it a few times but I still can't get Tvheadend 4.2 to work. I can get it setup using my browser on my PC and can play the TV programs on my PC but i can't get the add-on to work.

I can put the web address into the add-on in but when I try to start it from the home page it says i need an add-on installing. very strange.

I was able to get the password off but I later found out that hdhomerun prime doesn't work with tvheadend so I can't use it and I can't use mythtv cause I don't have a Linux computer.

• Official Post

I was able to get the password off but I later found out that hdhomerun prime doesn't work with tvheadend so I can't use it and I can't use mythtv cause I don't have a Linux computer.

I don't think that is true.