Video stutters/audio silence on audio 2.0/5.1 change

• In Germany many TV stations broadcast also an AC-3 (Dolby Digital) audio PID. This audio track usually is in 2.0, but during movies, mostly 5.1 is used.

When I play such a recording with LibreElec (I also had the problem when I was using OpenElec before; it persists since a few years, to be honest) and when I'm at the position of the recording where the audio format changes (2.0 to 5.1, or 5.1 to 2.0), the video shortly freezes and stutters. Furthermore the audio is silent for some seconds.

This is a real problem since the private broadcasters don't show the closing credits, and when there are important final words right at the end of a movie (e.g. a cliffhanger for a sequel or a last punch line), I miss them.

When I play the same recording on my PC with mplayer, the audio playback continues without any silence (and also the video doesn't have a problem).

I use LibreElec 8.0.1 on a RPi1 btw, with HDMI output.

I uploaded an affected recording part (with a 2.0 to 5.1 change) here: H.264_AC3_2.0_5.1_change.ts
    I also recorded the playback of this recording from the RPi AV output (composite + analogue audio) with a MPEG-2 hardware encoder and uploaded it here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.