LibreElec - no display via Onkyo AVR - Please help

• Greetings everyone,

I recently purchased an Onkyo TX NR-656 to which my TV is connected via ARC and rest of the peripherals such as PS4.
    My RPI3 is running OpenElec 8.0.1. When i connect the pi to TV directly via HDMI it works flawlessly.

However If i connect pi to AVR via HDMI, i get no signal on tv. I tried rebooting, powering on all three devices in various combinations, turned off CEC on pi and AVR but nothing seems to work. Pi is not sending any display signal when i connect it to Onkyo.

I already tried grabbing edid.dat when pi is connected to TV and dumped it to /flash and updated config to use this. Still no luck.

I am out of options. Can someone please help me.

Thanks.

Edited once, last by krypt0rg (April 22, 2017 at 11:38 PM).

• Pi is not in ARC. the main connection between TV and AVR is through ARC is what i meant. Pi is being plugged into other HDMI inputs on AVR but nothing worked. I tried various cables but no luck.

• I cannot switch inputs between AVR and TV because its a standard connection b/w them both (HDMI from TV ARC to AVR Main). I dont think the problem lies there ?

• I had similar problems with one of my LibreELEC boxes set for 4k output, running thru my Denon AVR. Had to set it to 1080P. Try 720p.

Thanks. Can you explain to me where exactly do i have to set this? I'm guessing it's in the librelec video config options correct?

• Thanks. Can you explain to me where exactly do i have to set this? I'm guessing it's in the librelec video config options correct?

Yes, Settings/System >> Display >> Resolution. I have two settings 1920 x 1080p and 1280x720p. You may have to connect your device to another monitor to set the settings.

• Thanks. I'll connect it directly to TV and change the settings and will try to reconnect it to AVR post the changes. Will keep you posted.
    [hr]
    Just tried this and there's no luck still :(
    [hr]
    Actually it finally worked after removing the edid from config.txt and rebooting pi. I cannot thank you enough for your help. I can finally control pi via my AVR. Thank you!!!

Edited once, last by krypt0rg (April 23, 2017 at 3:10 PM).