Fresh install

• Hello,

I'm planing to install LE on the HTPC (ASUS Intel) and on the Wetek Play (OpenELEC). What is best practice on switching to LE from OE?
    I'm also have data base on Synology NAS.

I want a clean and fresh install for both devices.

Thanks in advance

• Take backups using the OE settings add-on and move them off-box for safe keeping. Then use the LE .tar file to update the OE installs. After updating do a hard reset from inside the LE settings add-on to have a "clean install" to work from. The LE/OE backup files are just standard tar archives so it's simple to unpack them and stop kodi.service before selectively moving essential files back to the right places and restarting kodi.service.

• Take backups using the OE settings add-on and move them off-box for safe keeping. Then use the LE .tar file to update the OE installs. After updating do a hard reset from inside the LE settings add-on to have a "clean install" to work from. The LE/OE backup files are just standard tar archives so it's simple to unpack them and stop kodi.service before selectively moving essential files back to the right places and restarting kodi.service.

Thanks for quick reply. I will do so, but I'll do everything from beginning and not from backup.

Thanks