Krypton high cpu usage when playing high bitrate files on RPI B+

• Hello all,

I've got a question. My setup is one RPI B+ and one RPI2 hooked up to two tv sets. Both currently run Jarvis. When Krypton came out I updated but I noticed that the performance on RPI B+ when playing high bitrate movies was worse. I've got a file with ca. 20Mbit bitrate and while in Jarvis this movie played smoothly and the cpu usage hovered about 40-60% after the first couple of seconds (when it spiked to 90-100%), on Krypton the movie plays but the cpu usage stays at 100% the whole time. So switching on gui while causes the movie to stutter. I'd first updated to Libreelec 8.0 and since this was a no go I rolled back to 7.0.3. Now I've seen the 8.0.1 update so I did that hoping the issue would be resolved. Not really. The playback of that file (20Mbit) still keeps the cpu at 97-100%. Again in Jarvis the movie played fine. This is not an issue on the RPI2 as it has got more power. But I'm wondering if this is normal, i.e. Krypton is more demanding on the RPi or is there something that needs to be fixed? Oh I simply did an update to 8.0 and now 8.0.1 through Libreelec so the settings were left intact.