Windows shared folder access problem

• Hi everybody

I know this problem has appeared in this and other forums multiple times. I think I tried most if not all solutions given there and nothing works...
    I'm trying to configure pictures source as Windows 10 shared folder. As I click on the source there are few alternating behaviours (with the same configuration of both samba and windows):

• Invalid argument message (most of the time)
    • Empty folder appears
    • I see full or partial listing of the shared folder, I can view images, but as I try to enter any subfolder one of above things happens (and once per 1000 trials I can access first level of subfolders). This behaviour is the rarest one

Things I've tried (only these I remember):

• At LibreELEC side

• configuring source with IP instead host name
      • local master
      • add netbios port
      • SMB3 as max protocol
      • strict allocate
      • server signing
      • os level
    • At Windows side

• add user with password
      • 56-bit encryption
      • few registry tweaks (IRPStackSize, size, AllowInsecureGuest, ...)

Windows machine is visible in the correct workgroup when browsing in Kodi. Windows can access LibreELEC machine without a single problem.
    Any of the changes didn't change the behaviour. Windows 10 is up to date. LibreELEC 8.0.1. samba.conf-sample was used as baseline for modification (with workgroup changed).
    Has anyone any new ideas?

• (with workgroup changed)

If you're not using the default WORKGROUP, did you configure the correct workgroup in Kodi (Settings > Services > SMB Client > Workgroup)?
    [hr]
    Try adding

Code
    client max protocol = SMB3

to /storage/.smb/smb.conf (make sure it has the same tab at the beginning of the line as all the other lines)

Edited once, last by milhouse (April 10, 2017 at 2:01 AM).

• If you're not using the default WORKGROUP, did you configure the correct workgroup in Kodi (Settings > Services > SMB Client > Workgroup)?
    [hr]
    Try adding

Code
    client max protocol = SMB3

to /storage/.smb/smb.conf (make sure it has the same tab at the beginning of the line as all the other lines)

Yes, workgroup is configured there.
    The second suggestion didn't work both for /storage/.smb/smb.conf and /storage/.config/samba.conf (which as I supposed is actual configuration). Behaviour didn't changed.

What is the truth with conf file location? There is another one as well: /storage/.kodi/.smb/smb.conf. What for are all three files?

• /storage/.smb/smb.conf is the configuration created by Kodi when using libsmblient for smb:// access.

/storage/.kodi/.smb/smb.conf is an older version of the above file and can probably be deleted (the entire directory) - newer builds of Kodi use the above file.

/storage/.config/samba.conf is the Samba server configuration (most people don't need to create this and can just use the system default file).

• Still no success.
    I tried booting my box from xubuntu stick and I can access my shares without a single problem.
    But any change I made to any of smb related conf files in LE dind't change behavior I described: SOMETIMES I get PART of directory listing, but most of the time its either empty or "invalid argument" message appears (same in logs). Looks like sort of timeout problem...

Any new idea?

Edited once, last by vugie (April 19, 2017 at 3:52 PM).