Buffering issue

• Hey, guys. I have an s905x running latest (8.0.1e) and I am running into buffer issues intermittently. This happens with SD, HD and obviously UHD but does not really have any known reason. It happens while streaming local media of various formats from my PC as well as an NAS both of which are gigabit wired to an X6 R8000 netgear router. I have tried wired and wireless with the kodi box.

I also tried changing my advancedsettings.xml to:
    <advancedsettings>
    <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>139460608</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>

This has not corrected the issue. I am not sure if I can share a log as nothing is really an error that I know of, just a buffering issue.

Anybody else run into this issue and have a correction?

Thanks!

• Yes in krypton the network tag has been replaced by a cache tag
    3 Kodi v17 changesFUTURE KRYPTON FEATURE:In Kodi v17, the following tags are removed from

Code
    <network>

and placed under a new

Code
    <cache>

tag. Also,

Code
    <cachemembuffersize>

is renamed to

Code
    <memorysize>

and

Code
    <readbufferfactor>

is renamed to

Code
    <readfactor>

<cache>
    <memorysize>0</memorysize> <!-- number of bytes used for buffering streams in memory
    When set to 0 the cache will be written to disk instead of RAM -->
    <buffermode>0</buffermode> <!-- Choose what to buffer:
    0) Buffer all internet filesystems (like "2" but additionally also ftp, webdav, etc.) (default)
    1) Buffer all filesystems (including local)
    2) Only buffer true internet filesystems (streams) (http, etc.)
    3) No buffer -->
    <readfactor>4.0</readfactor> <!-- this factor determines the max readrate in terms of readbufferfactor * avg bitrate of a video file.
    This can help on bad connections to keep the cache filled. It will also greatly speed up buffering. Default value 4.0. -->
    </cache>