Intel NUC and issues with LibreElec 8.0.1

• I have an Intel NUC6i3SYH with 8GB RAM and 120GB SSD. I'm having 3 issues with LibreElec 8.0.1:

1. Sometimes when powering off my NUC either through LibreElec's shutdown menu or from the power toggle function on my harmony remote, about 2 seconds later my NUC will turn back on. This issue happens often and it's after playing a video. This issue also happened on two other NUC's, the same model that I'm using now and a NUC5PPYH with an earlier version of LibreElec, and I ended up returning those NUC's to the store. I never had this issue when shutting down Linux properly when I had Linux installed on my NUC and as I understand LibreElec is Linux based.

2. I get artifacting when VAAP-VC1 hardware acceleration is enabled, so I must disable it as a workaround to stop the artifacting. Same thing happened with the previous two NUC's that I returned to the store with earlier version of LibreElec.

3. I ran into lip sync issues when playing video. I have my NUC connected directly to my TV and I'm using the TV speakers for audio ouput.

Issues 1 and 2 also happened with previous versions of LIbreElec. They also happened in OpenElec. I don't think anything is wrong with my hardware because as I mentioned, the other two NUC's, one being a different model, had the same issues with LibreElec.

• Official Post

3. I ran into lip sync issues when playing video

Just the lips, or every other audio part as well?
    You could start by changing the audio offset value, and if necessary, save the setting for all videos.

• Just the lips, or every other audio part as well?
    You could start by changing the audio offset value, and if necessary, save the setting for all videos.

I noticed it form the lips moving out of sync of the video. I didn't watch long enough to see if it happened in other sounds.