Audio problems; Creeping out of sync and heavy distortion after 20minutes

• Been having this issue for quite a while now, tried many many things asked around alot and did much googling but never found a conclusive solution. Hoping i have better luck here!

Setup;
    Odroid C1 running from MicroSD
    System is powered by the odroid supplied power brick, ethernet is connected to my network
    Files are played from a ubuntu server over samba
    HDMI is connected to my TV, the TV's optical output is connected to my audio system
    TV is an LG 32LG3200
    Audio system is a Logitech Z-5500

Installed a fresh system today for easier debugging;
    LibreElec (WRXTASY) 8.0.0
    Kodi 17.1 RC2
    Linux 3.10.96 armv7l
    HDMI-CEC disabled (giving silly errors but im not using it anyways)

Problem;
    On most video's (not all) like clockwork 20 minutes into the video the sound will start to distort heavily (robotic echoing audio). Stopping and resuming the video fixes the issue 100%.
    On these video's the audio will also slowly creep out of sync. Sometimes the audio will just be out of sync barely noticeable at the 20min mark when everything goes to shite but quite often the desync will be so bad that the video needs to be stopped and restarted every couple of minutes. This restarting fixes the delay issue 100%.
    There's no difference in the codecs used on any of the video's showing different symptoms (H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1) // 48kHz MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) accodring to VLC). All video's play perfectly fine in VLC on windows.
    Some video's play without any issue whatsoever (same codecs as stated above)

What ive tried so far but didnt work;
    Buying a new odroid c1
    Changing hdmi cables
    Changing to a better fileserver (now running an odroid xu4 with a wd harddrive)
    Trying different versions of Kodi
    Trying openelec/libreelec/osmc
    Trying all kinds of different passthrough settings and disabling it altogether in kodi
    Trying all kinds of different audio settings (ALSA HDMI/ALSA PCM)
    Forcing all kind of audio settings/re-sampling and just randomly messing about with all and any setting i can find in kodi.

Here's a log;
    ROYU
    In the above an episode of Modern Family was started @ 15:32:41
    The audio was only creeping slowly out of sync on this one, distortion kicked in at about 15:53:20 video stopped at 15:53:26. It's then restarted later on and skipped manually to the 20min mark to see the last bit of the episode (oh and the wife also clicked a completely different episode in between those two).

Who can help me out or at least point me in the right direction? On my old system (raspberry pi 1) i had no issues with the same TV and audio amp.

• Sounds similar if not quite the same as a problem I'm experiencing after the update. See my thread here:
    thread-7354.html

Are you getting "resync: syncing backward" type entries in your log while playing a video. I'd be interested in knowing if it's a similar issue.

- Phil