LIRC conf file location

• Hi everyone, I'm controlling my Raspberry Pi using an MCE Infrared receiver from Philips because I have an old tv with no CEC support. With the MCE Philips remote everything works great, but I'd like to control it using the TV remote (Samsung).

Looking through internet I found a lirc conf file for my samsung remote, but the "problem" that I had is that I can't put the lirc conf file in the dir: "/etc/lirc/", when I try to copy the file I get a "don't have permissions to write in that dir" message.

I'm doing it via SSH with root user, so I should have permits right?

Any help?, Is there another dir where I could copy the lirc conifg file?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi everyone, I'm controlling my Raspberry Pi using an MCE Infrared receiver from Philips because I have an old tv with no CEC support. With the MCE Philips remote everything works great, but I'd like to control it using the TV remote (Samsung).

Looking through internet I found a lirc conf file for my samsung remote, but the "problem" that I had is that I can't put the lirc conf file in the dir: "/etc/lirc/", when I try to copy the file I get a "don't have permissions to write in that dir" message.

I'm doing it via SSH with root user, so I should have permits right?

Any help?, Is there another dir where I could copy the lirc conifg file?

Thanks in advance.

This should help: thread-2281.html