MX Pro Box won't run LE from SD card

• Hi all,

I have a MX Pro Android Box which I am trying to run LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.1a-m201d.img on. The sd card is fine as it runs on my M8 box fine.

The problem with the MX Pro is the tooth pick method does not work. The box now just boots to recovery.

If anyone can give me any advice I would appreciate it.

PS Great work to the LE team.

• Hi all,

I have a MX Pro Android Box which I am trying to run LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.1a-m201d.img on. The sd card is fine as it runs on my M8 box fine.

The problem with the MX Pro is the tooth pick method does not work. The box now just boots to recovery.

If anyone can give me any advice I would appreciate it.

PS Great work to the LE team.

Try burning the image with rufus, then add the correct device tree renaming it to dtb.img

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

• The sd card with LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.1a-m201d.img just keeps bricking my box. After the box boots I get the android man then I got about 7 lines of information stating things had failed, sorry can't remember exactly but it was something like "E failed write cache" After I rebooted my box is now bricked again and goes to recovery mode only.

Why is this happening?
    How can I just install to nand instead?

Thanks  bubblegum57

• The sd card with LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.1a-m201d.img just keeps bricking my box. After the box boots I get the android man then I got about 7 lines of information stating things had failed, sorry can't remember exactly but it was something like "E failed write cache" After I rebooted my box is now bricked again and goes to recovery mode only.

Why is this happening?
    How can I just install to nand instead?

Thanks  bubblegum57

from thread-2158.html

choose from this Index of /s805/8.0.1a/ I download, the XXX.img.gz

from this page thread-200.html

How to install:
    [hr]
    Before installing, make sure that you have a fully-functional Android firmware on your box. Most of all make sure that powering on by remote control works in Android.

SD card:

• Download img.gz file from SD release folder.
    • Unpack image to you hard drive and burn it to SD card. You can read how to do it here: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?titl...Installing
      As a result, you should have 3 files on your SD card: aml_autoscript, KERNEL.IMG and SYSTEM.
    • To boot the system for the first time you have to use "toothpick" method. You have to do this only once. You should repeat only this step if booting from SD fails after Android reconfiguration/update. Don't worry, it won't delete your data

So, unpack the img.gz use 7zip

It sounds like you need to get your android working first.
    I do not know how to do that, but I suppose you need to download the correct android firmware from, I don't know where, then use the amlogic burning tool? Freaktabs might have info on that.

• I've got 2 sd cards 1 to unbrick it ( made with burn card maker ) and 1 to brick it ( libreelec)

Android was working again before i tried running libreelec as thats the requirements to run libreelec from sd card. Im going to burn another image to the sd see if that helps. Failing that would it be ok to burn the sd with Amlogic Burn Card Maker?

• I've got 2 sd cards 1 to unbrick it ( made with burn card maker ) and 1 to brick it ( libreelec)

Android was working again before i tried running libreelec as thats the requirements to run libreelec from sd card. Im going to burn another image to the sd see if that helps. Failing that would it be ok to burn the sd with Amlogic Burn Card Maker?

Did you follow the how to install instructions & the link to the wiki?

Did you end up with the 3 files?

• Yes I have followed all the instructions when I initially started to try and create the sd card. I have followed all the instructions several times now and I'm fairly certain I am doing everything properly.

I have used the following image:
    LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.1a-m201d.img from Index of /s805/8.0.1a/

I have created the sd card with the following methods:
    1. Win 10 - Rufus
    2. Ubuntu - 3.2 Installing using Linux guide from Installation - LibreELEC
    3. Ubuntu - LibreELEC.USB-SD Creator from LibreELEC USB-SD Creator - LibreELEC

All 3 methods produce the same results with the 3 files on the sd card which are:
    aml_autoscript
    kernel.img
    SYSTEM

When viewing the sd card in Ubuntu there are 2 additional files:
    kernel.img.md5
    SYSTEM.md5

LE will not run on the mx pro (TV110 Android Tv Box, ARM-Cortex-S805-A5 Quad core CPU 1.5GHZ) box. If I put the same sd card in my M8 ARM-Cortex-S805-A5 Quad core CPU 1.5GHZ box LE runs fine.

I think that LE simply does not work for my mx pro box, shame because I hate android on there.

Edited once, last by Robando (April 3, 2017 at 7:08 PM).

• Have you tried spmc on android? or kodi? both are in the play store.

• I had kodi on there before but it's version 16 as the android version on my box is only 4.4.2. There are no firmware upgrades to lollipop for my box. I really like LE 8 on the M8 box it's fast and addons work better and its kodi 17. :)

I would much prefer to ditch android altogether because I only use kodi and also android is slow, buggy, and simply annoying.