Custom Video Nodes

• Hello.

I have made some Custom Video Nodes on my PC with Kodi (Jarvis). Now I want to copy them to my Libreelec (Jarvis) on Rasp. Pi 3.
    My problem is that the /usr folder is read only! I want to put my XML files in /usr/share/kodi/system/library because that is where Kodi looks for Video Node XML files. It is not enough to put them in the /storage/.kodi/userdata/library folder. Kodi does not care about that folder for Video Nodes.
    Have any of you encountered the problem?

• Hi, I had never create a custom video node, but as per I had read here (kodi wiki) seems the right place for custom nodes are the userdata folder, also says in the wiki page not all skins support completely the video nodes.

Put the nodes in the root fs is impossible because it is a squashfs, so for do that you have to create a custom image of libreelec.

• Thanks for your input.
    I was hoping for a way, without having to make a custom image. Mostly due to my laziness.

I've used custom nodes in the past and they definitely go in the userdata folder. If they don't work in userdata/library then you've done it wrong or there's a bug.

Edited once, last by trogggy (March 20, 2017 at 5:19 PM).

• Created a custom movies node for testing and it's working.
    The movies nodes should go to userdata/library/video/movies.

Here is an node example for "votes"

XML
    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <node type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
        <label>Votes</label>
        <content>movies</content>
        <order direction="descending">votes</order>
        <limit>100</limit>
    </node>

here one for "ratings"

XML
    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <node type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
        <label>Ratings</label>
        <content>movies</content>
        <order direction="descending">rating</order>
    </node>

It will probably also work if you delete {visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)"}.
    Reboot after creating your nodes

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 20, 2017 at 5:59 PM).