Mamboberry LS+ Support

• Just upgraded to this card and sound is better everywhere except in Kodi because it does not appear to be supported. Any way to get this card working in Kodi or am I stuck with HIFI Berry or IQaudio?

• Kodi auto-detects audio properties based on the underlying alsa configuration so a card needs to have drivers/overlay enabled in the Linux kernel and cards with an S/PDIF port need to have an alsa conf to ensure correct IEC958 detection. The older Mamboberry DAC+ model appears to use the same overlay as hifiberry cards, which we've supported for a long time, but I wasn't able to find any information on their website about set-up for the LS+ card. It's normally trivial to add support for new DAC devices - but we need more details. Perhaps (as their customer) you can ask them to contact us, or follow-up on this post.

Edited once, last by chewitt (March 19, 2017 at 8:42 AM).

• Using "dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac" seems to work with the Mamboberry LS+ as well.

I had it set to "dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus" which matched the card I had before and Kodi was giving me the silent treatment.