Reveal hidden files

• In Kodi settings;
    Media settings->General: enable "show hidden files and directories"
    Then in Windows or whichever OS your are accessing LibreELEC from, enable "show hidden files, folders and drives"

In your "samba.conf" file add "Root" access at the end like so;

Code
    [Root]
      path = /
      available = yes
      browsable = yes
      public = yes
      writable = yes

Now using Samba you should be able to view all the folders, including the Storage folder, through the Root folder when accessing it in File Explorer.

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 17, 2017 at 2:18 AM).

• I used your first post and It broke my samba. Luckily I saved my sample file and was able to delete the new one.

I'll do it again, thanks for the help!

Edited once, last by Skripo (March 17, 2017 at 2:19 AM).

• What did you do exactly?
    [hr]
    I edited my post to put the steps in the right order and deleted "storage" access since you have access to it through "Root"

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 17, 2017 at 2:26 AM).

• Actually, I just realized it wasn't you, I think I messed up something when I went and added the code you gave me to the one I already put in to reveal the storage folder for the Harmony remote mod.

Now Its asking me for a password when I try to access in Windows Explorer. I tried the root, libreelec but I think thats for ssh.

Was I supposed to erase all the rest of the stuff in the samba.config sample?

Edited once, last by Skripo (March 17, 2017 at 2:30 AM).

• No, just add it at the end of the samba.conf file like this example below;

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 17, 2017 at 2:59 AM).

• Sorry about all the trouble, I am exhausted. I fixed it and it's all good now.

The reason I need this is I am trying to find the autostart.sh file to edit it. After all this work I still don't see it. Do you have any idea where it is?

Thanks again.

• Thanks, yet again!
    [hr]
    Can I abuse your patience once again?

I created the file using nano but now I need to change its permissions to make it executable. Problem is, I don't see the hidden files when in ssh. I tried ls - a but no luck. Any tips?

I'm a total newb.
    [hr]
    Just remembered it had a different name in windows. dir was .config.

I hope you are enjoying my stream of consciousness posts.

Edited once, last by Skripo (March 17, 2017 at 3:07 AM).

• You shouldn't have to change permissions for the autostart.sh file, if the commands you put in the file are correct then reboot and see if it's working.
    But you should test the commands via ssh first to see if they are taking effect before putting them in autostart.sh.

To make it executable, after autostart.sh was created, you can try this via ssh;

Code
    chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh

What are you putting in autostart.sh?

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 17, 2017 at 3:22 AM).