FTP/SFTP

• Any word on if LibreElec will be adding SFTP? I prefer to use LibreElec however OSMC has this ability but OSMC does not operate as smoothly as LibreElec.

Thanks

• There is a community add-on for FTP, which will never be added to official builds because it is not a secure protocol, unlike SFTP which has been supported in our codebase since ~2009 ish.

Does ProFTPd support SFTP in LibreElec?
    [hr]

There is a community add-on for FTP, which will never be added to official builds because it is not a secure protocol, unlike SFTP which has been supported in our codebase since ~2009 ish.

Can you provide some insight on how to find and install it?

Thanks,
    Jason

Edited once, last by jbdecker (March 13, 2017 at 9:20 PM).

• The add-on description in the Kodi GUI states "ProFTPd is a secure and configurable FTP server with SSL/TLS" so i'd take a wild guess that it supports FTPS, which is not SFTP, and which leads my inner security nerd to caution that the box should not be exposed to the public internet unless you know what you're doing.

• The add-on description in the Kodi GUI states "ProFTPd is a secure and configurable FTP server with SSL/TLS" so i'd take a wild guess that it supports FTPS, which is not SFTP, and which leads my inner security nerd to caution that the box should not be exposed to the public internet unless you know what you're doing.

Hi,

I would like to know how you install this AddOn ProFTPd or other addon and not exposed the Device to the public internet , only for the local network , how I ensure that ?

Thanks.

• 1. disable access to your LE Box via the internet at your router/firewall (that should be the standard already)

2. at the config for the ftp server only allows connection from LAN ips

Thanks very much ,

I would be happy if you could help me with this questions :

1) I have TPLINK Rounter , How could I check that the device with Libreelec hasn't access from the internet ? ( if you have example with picture it will be wonderfull)

2) The config FTP to access the ip's from my network , this is configuration that I can see via GUI of the addon / Software or it is in TXT conf file ?

3) if you have Utorrent Client on NAS for example , could you disable the access from the internet or it isn't possible becuase the Utorrent is two way direction and if you block the access from the internet to get in the device with Utorrent on the NAS you simple block the Utorren Download files ?

Thanks alot .

• How could I check that the device with Libreelec hasn't access from the internet ?

Per default nobody is allowed to access your stuff from the internet, you can allow this if you manually add a port forwarding rule to your router or set an IP to DMZ (deactivates the firewall for that ip completely).

this is configuration that I can see via GUI of the addon / Software or it is in TXT conf file

the addon brings some config file, there you need to manually disable it -> Google proftpd limit access by ip

could you disable the access from the internet

Torrent needes access from "both sides" or it isn't able to speak with the internet -> not working, normally there is just one port opened to allow that -> every other service is still not able to get accessed from outside