Remote Control doesn't work properly with 8.0.0

• Hello,

after days of installing, reinstalling and lost hours I'm getting bored...

I have a Panasonic DT50E LCD and a Pi3 with LibreElec 8.0.0 + Confluence Skin. I enjoyed watching movies and other stuff with 7.0.3 and everything was working nicely and stable. In the few days now I'm using version 8.0.0 I already experienced locks, and the most annoying feature with the 8.0.0 version is that the remote control is partly not working, and after some time stops working at all. Power on / Power off does not help, only reinstall brings the remote back to working condition. BUT after some time the same happens - first of all the PLAY - STOP - FFW buttons stop working, and after some time the complete remote ist not working any more. I use a bluetooth keybord K400 - everything is working there. I already tried to set different options within settings, but nothing helps. I have also reinstalled 4-5 times now, even with clean install the remote stops working after some time. The remote itself is working nicely with the TV; I also have 2 of them, so I can neglect a technical failure of the remote.

Is there anything I can do or just wait until the remote control bugs are fixed?

With 7.0.3 the remote was working without any problems, so it has to be a bug of 8.0.0 - nothing in my set changed, except the version of Libreelec...

Thanks Kodianer

Edited once, last by Kodianer (March 3, 2017 at 3:40 PM).

• Yes, in LE 8.0 there is a CEC bug that affects Rpi & Panasonic TVs. Nothing to do except to wait for new fixed version.
    Since in latest Milhouse test build (Kodi 18) CEC is fixed, it will probably be soon fixed in new LE with release (with Kodi 17).

• Yes, in LE 8.0 there is a CEC bug that affects Rpi & Panasonic TVs. Nothing to do except to wait for new fixed version.
    Since in latest Milhouse test build (Kodi 18) CEC is fixed, it will probably be soon fixed in new LE with release (with Kodi 17).

Ah okay, thank you. I already got worried if not maybe I'm doing something wrong! :)

So I guess it is better to switch back to previous version for now, until the problem is fixed?

It is also very weird for me that the old version was working... Cannot really understand why there is now something implemented, which does NOT work.

Edited once, last by Kodianer (March 3, 2017 at 3:45 PM).

• I would suggest that you drop Confluence Skin and get used to new default Estuary Skin. See how CEC behaves then...

You were right, the CEC shows no malfunction under the new default Skin. Problem is only the font is small, and older people have problems reading it. In Confluence it was easy to set BIG letters, but with Estuary the small fonts are quite awful. BUT the problem is coming from the skin apparently.