pcie dvbs-2 dual tuner recommendations

• My HVR 4000 just bit the bullet after a long hard life, so I'm in the market for a new tuner.

I bought a Geniatech USB tuner, but am having no luck at all when it comes to tuning channels. So I'm hoping someone could point me in a more successful direction.

• My HVR 4000 just bit the bullet after a long hard life, so I'm in the market for a new tuner.

I bought a Geniatech USB tuner, but am having no luck at all when it comes to tuning channels. So I'm hoping someone could point me in a more successful direction.

There are not too many supported duel-tuner cards. DVBSky S952 comes to mind. TechnoTrend S2-4200 will be supported from kernel 4.7 onwards, but if you get that card, I can make a patch for LibreELEC to support it before we have 4.7 kernel in LibreELEC.

Edited once, last by trsqr (June 23, 2016 at 7:12 AM).

• There are not too many supported duel-tuner cards. DVBSky S952 comes to mind. TechnoTrend S2-4200 will be supported from kernel 4.7 onwards, but if you get that card, I can make a patch for LibreELEC to support it before we have 4.7 kernel in LibreELEC.

I just bought one TechnoTrend S2-4200! I would like to use it with the latest beta (LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.95.2 BETA with Linux 4.9.3 kernel). Could you kindly confirm that it will be supported? Do I have to install some firmware to use it (if yes, how? I am new to LibreElec)?

My TechnoTrend S2-3200 and my TBS 6928 are not working :(

Edited once, last by kszabo (February 10, 2017 at 8:16 AM).

• I just bought one TechnoTrend S2-4200! I would like to use it with the latest beta (LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.95.2 BETA with Linux 4.9.3 kernel). Could you kindly confirm that it will be supported? Do I have to install some firmware to use it (if yes, how? I am new to LibreElec)?

My TechnoTrend S2-3200 and my TBS 6928 are not working :(

Hi,

S2-4200 should work out of the box, yes. If you're having issues, please log in to the LibreELEC box with SSH and run the command dmesg | paste and paste the output here. Then we can have a look to see if something goes wrong there...

I don't know the status for S2-3200 (that's an age old PCI card, right?) nor TBS 6928, but let me check a couple of things...

EDIT: Ok, a fellow co-developer who is into these things is saying that TT S2-3200 should work, but there's no driver for TBS 6928.

Edited once, last by CvH (February 10, 2017 at 9:03 AM).

• wow guys, that is support! I appreciate it a lot.
    CvH yes I tried your builds yesterday and one of them reckognized the TBS 6928 but could not get any scans.
    trsqr yes, the tt s2-3200 is an old PCI card. It is reckognized in tvheadend 4.2 but only as generic card and cannot get any scans :(
    The tt s2-4200 is quite cheap here in Germany (only 50€ for a dual tuner) and should arrive tomorrow so I can test it on the weekend. I hope the best

Edited once, last by kszabo (February 10, 2017 at 9:16 AM).

• TT S2-4200 is OEM version of DVBSky S952 V3

yes I read that before and bought it because of thsis. The DVBSky costs 70€, the TT only 50 :)
    btw I got my S2-3200 work, the scans done... the only problem is that the TV frontend produces only artifacts (green-pink stripes and blocks, audio is OK), reported on other threads. I cannot wait to get my hand on the s2-4200. Untill than I still have my dual boot to my good old smooth MediaPortal setup ;) (even if it is very bulky and sloppy on the OS side...)

Edited once, last by kszabo (February 10, 2017 at 8:30 PM).

• I got my TT-4200 and can confirm that it works out-of-the-box with LibreELEC v7.95, Kodi 17 and TvHeadEnd 4.2 (oven with CA-newcamd). It is shown as two Cards "Montage M88RS6000" (just renamed them "0" and "1" for sure). Also no artifacts like my TBS caused. I still have to scan my other LNB to get sure. Thank you for your helping posts above.

For the price of just 50€ for a PCIe DVB-s2 Dual Tuner it is a good deal I guess, just to get back to topic :)

Edited once, last by kszabo (February 13, 2017 at 8:34 AM).

• hey guys, a short question:
    I get an error after resume from standby "kein freier adapter verfögbar" like "no tuner card available"
    could you give me a hint with which setting I could reinitialize my card or something like that?

• thank you again! I found that setting myself but was unsure a bit as there stands "mudules" instead "modules" :) and was not quite sure what to type in:
    "/dev/dvb/adapter1" or "Montage Technology M88RS6000 : DVB-S #1"? can I define 2 modules too? as my tt s2-4200 appears as two cards
    lsmod says this about modules: is it the "dvb_core" or the "m88rs6000t"?

Edited once, last by kszabo (February 15, 2017 at 6:16 PM).

• yepp it worked (also without dvb_core). I added rc_rc6_mce and mceusb to it and now my remote works too after resume. Now I need to add HDMI audio as it gets lost too after standby.