HDMI CEC not working anymore

• Hi,

I have a WETEK OpenELEC Box which I upgraded to LibreELEc last week. now, the HDMI-CEC control with my TV Remote does not work anymore. It used to work fine with OE. Is there some problem with the new version? Is it a configuration issue?

Cheers, Mav

• Hi,

I have a WETEK OpenELEC Box which I upgraded to LibreELEc last week. now, the HDMI-CEC control with my TV Remote does not work anymore. It used to work fine with OE. Is there some problem with the new version? Is it a configuration issue?

Cheers, Mav

You could go the TV advanced settings and then CEC - or whatever your TV brand calls it - and then scan for CEC devices. If Kodi is listed - which it should be - select it and see if that resolves it.

• I tried this now. The device is not showing up. I tried two different HDMI cables with both it worked before. Through an AV receiver and directly connected to the TV. I even unplugged my other Kodi PC with LibreELEC where HDMI-CEC works fine, to avoid duplicate names. That did not help either. I am considering stepping back to OE 6, although I fear, this might be a huge pain. Also I would loose all the configurations I made. Though it might also solve my other problem thread-5676.html

Edited once, last by maverik11 (March 1, 2017 at 7:37 PM).

• I tried this now. The device is not showing up. I tried two different HDMI cables with both it worked before. Through an AV receiver and directly connected to the TV. I even unplugged my other Kodi PC with LibreELEC where HDMI-CEC works fine, to avoid duplicate names. That did not help either. I am considering stepping back to OE 6, although I fear, this might be a huge pain. Also I would loose all the configurations I made. Though it might also solve my other problem thread-5676.html

I watched a video with my other LibreElec PC, while the WETEK box was turned on but idle. Suddenli, the TV recogniced it as an HDMI-CEC device and switched the source to it and I could control it with the TV remote. after a restart of the WETEK Box and the TV it was gone again, The cable was not loose or anything. Is there a way to reinitialice the CEC adapter software?