Can't get 7.0.1 to work on RPi2

• Hi

Let me just state I am not new to Raspberry Pi nor am I new to Linux OSes and the whole HomeTheatrePC. I had a PC running my TV back in the days of Pentium II.

But I am banging my head on the wall here...

I d/l the img for LibreELEC 7.0.1 for ARM7 (RPi2 and RPi3 build).

I unzipped it so that I had a ready to burn .img file and I used dd to burn the image. (I am running Ubuntu on my Desktop).

Everything seems to have gone well, except when I stick it in my Pi2 and turn on the power. I just get a colour gamut on the screen. None of the indicator lights turn on, no bootup nothing. Tried waiting half an hour and still nothing.

So I tried to burn it again, same. Tried to burn Raspbian and it boots fine. Tried LibreELEC again, nada.

Am I missing something?

I tried inspecting the SD card and there is a 500+MB partition that is MSDOSFAT, and has a bunch of files, then there is a 32MB partition that is EXT4 that has a file in it called resizeme

Any advice will help, or am I doing something really wrong here...?

Karl

• Maybe you just used the wrong wording, but you say you are inspecting the "SD card". The RPi2 has a microSD card. The color gamut you see at the screen is mostly a sign for 'taken the wrong image file'. As the RPi1 has a SD card for the models 'A' and 'B' but have also microSD cards for the models 'A+' and 'B+', could you please try an RPi1 image and test if that one works?

I have a RPi2 myself and have had no problems installing LE on it.

So if the RPi1 image won't boot, too....I would maybe try another (micro)SD card.

• Hmm... I am sure when I bought this Pi it was a Pi2... but let me try the Pi1 image, because the same SD card works with other image files.

Will try tonight and revert feedback.

• Hmm... I am sure when I bought this Pi it was a Pi2... but let me try the Pi1 image, because the same SD card works with other image files.

Maybe you didn't understand DaVu. If it uses a SD card it is no RPi2 and has never been one. If it uses a microSD card it can't be a RPi1.

Gerald

Edited once, last by gdachs (June 22, 2016 at 1:30 PM).

• Maybe you didn't understand DaVu. If it uses a SD card it is no RPi2 and has never been one. If it uses a microSD card it can't be a RPi1.

Gerald

Actually I did understand him, I think you misread me reply. I thought it was a Pi2... I was mistaken. I thought the Pi2 used SD and that they only changed to uSD with Pi3. I apparently made a mistake.. tried the Pi1 image, as I said I would, and it worked. So there you go... it was a simple mistake of thinking I had a different model. All this time I was under the impression I had a Pi2 because when I bought it at the shop I asked them for a Pi2 and didn't bother to check the spec. Oh well, at least it's working now.